become an editor
the entire directory
only in Weapons/Depleted_Uranium
Warfare and Conflict
Used in Afghanistan
Used in Iraq
Used in Kosovo and Yugoslavia
Society: Issues: Environment: Nuclear
Society: Military: Veterans: Issues: Health: Gulf War Illness
This category in other languages:
American Gulf War Veterans Association (AGWVA)
- DU updates from group seeking treatment for Gulf War Illness.
DU-Watch Mailing List
- The premier public email list on depleted uranium issues, managed by Stop NATO. Nearly all prominent anti-DU campaigners participate or monitor this list.
Campaign Against Depleted Uranium
- CADU focuses on trying to achieve a global ban on the manufacture, testing, and use of depleted uranium weapons.
- Short description and resources from the Federation of American Scientists.
- Guardian Unlimited UK special report with information, issues, comments and analysis.
Depleted Uranium Education Project
- Part of International Action Center, founded by former U.S. Attorney General Ramsey Clark.
Depleted Uranium Metal Of Dishonor
- "How the Pentagon radiates soldiers and civilians with DU weapons." Book excerpts and chapters. (1997)
Depleted Uranium Munitions: New Weapons of Indiscriminate and Mutually Assured Destruction
- 1999 lecture by Malcolm Hooper, Chief Scientific Adviser to the Gulf Veterans' Association UK. (PDF)
GlobalSecurity.org - Depleted Uranium
- Photos, specifications and performance facts on known penetrator munitions and military technologies that use depleted uranium.
Grassroots Actions for Peace (GRAP)
- Boston area citizens' group maintains DU resources, archives, headlines and current campaigns sections.
Gulf War Veterans and Depleted Uranium
- By Dr. Rosalie Bertell, focusing on health effects, inhalation exposure and medical testing.
International Coalition to Ban Uranium Weapons (ICBUW)
- An European organization of over 80 grassroots groups seeking a ban on DU weapons.
LAKA Foundation (National Nuclear Energy Archive)
- Documentation and research center on nuclear energy in Holland has published many reports on DU.
Low Level Radiation Campaign (LLRC)
- Researching the health effects of low level ionising radiation pollution. Home of journal, Radioactive Times.
NATO Information - Depleted Uranium
- Briefings, presentations and locational data from NATO on the use of depleted uranium ammunition in Bosnia and Kosovo.
Study suggests cancer risk from depleted uranium
- The Guardian: Researchers have shown DU damages DNA in human lung cells.
Traprock Peace Center
- Contains photos, articles, campaigns, and interviews on depleted uranium, its impact, and cover-ups of its toxicity.
Uranium Medical Research Centre
- Overview of medical research project that tests urine and tissue samples from people exposed to DU.
World Information Service on Energy (WISE) Uranium Project
- Health and environmental impacts of depleted uranium. News, maps and resources on depleted uranium.
World Uranium Weapons Conference 2003
- Trojan Horse of a Nuclear War - An International Educational/Organizing Conference
Yggdrasil Institute: Uranium Enrichment Project
- A project of Earth Island Institute which monitors the US uranium enrichment establishment. Publishes the monthly Uranium Enrichment Newsletter. Yggdrasil is also updating Nuclear France, a guide to the French nuclear industry.
Remains of Toxic Bullets Litter Iraq
- A Christian Science Monitor reporter finds heavy levels of radiation from DU munitions. (May 15, 2003)
Depleted uranium casts shadow over peace in Iraq
- New Scientist story finds fear among scientists of widespread DU harm (April 15, 2003)
Depleted Uranium Fears
- Special "In Depth" report section from the BBC Web site collating links to BBC stories and background information on depleted uranium. (January 01, 2001)
Depleted Uranium Health Effects
- Gulf War Illness - Understanding of Health Effects from Depleted Uranium Evolving but Safety Training Needed. US General Accounting Office report to Congress (GAO/NSIAD-00-70). [PDF] (March 01, 2000)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 13, 2014 at 17:45:13 UTC -