become an editor
the entire directory
only in Warfare_and_Conflict/War_Crimes
Warfare and Conflict
International Criminal Court
Nuremberg, International Military Tribunal
World War II
Society: History: By Time Period: Twentieth Century: Genocide
Society: Issues: Human Rights and Liberties
This category in other languages:
"Crimes Against Humanity" reviewed
- A book review of Geoffrey Robertson's history of modern human rights and the progress towards enforceable international laws against war crimes.
American War Crimes
- Collection of articles about the Vietnam War, Korea War, and Afghanistan War.
- General and in-depth resources on genocide and related crimes against humanity.
Crimes of War Project
- Dedicated to raising awareness of the laws of war and war crimes among the media, policy makers, human rights and humanitarian aid workers, and the general public.
Frontline: The Crime of Genocide
- Gives a clinical definition of genocide and what makes it the worst crime against humanity.
Gardens of the Righteous Worldwide
- International project aimed at highlighting the men and women who resisted crimes against humanity, inspired by Yad Vashem's Garden of the Righteous in Jerusalem. Events, background, and related links.
Guardian Weblog Special: War crimes
- Collection of news coverage from newspapers worldwide about war crimes tribunals from Nuremberg to the Hague.
Henry Kissinger War Crimes
- Gives overview and references to several articles and essays advocating the indictment of Henry Kissenger for mass murders in Cambodia.
Human Rights Watch
- Organization to protect rights of people around the world, to bring offenders to justice, prevent discrimination, uphold political freedom and to protect people from inhumane conduct in wartime.
Institute for International Criminal Investigations
- IICI is an international organization of professional investigators, military officers, lawyers and academics dedicated to training and deploying professionals in the investigation of war crimes and crimes against humanity.
Institute for War and Peace Reporting
- An award-winning educational and development charity founded in 1991, IWPR informs the international debate on conflict and supports the independent media in regions in transition. Long-time publisher of WarReport, IWPR produces several electronic reporting and monitoring services, all available via the Web or e-mail, in up to five languages.
International Forensic Centre of Excellence for the Investigation of Genocide
- The Inforce Foundation investigates war crimes, crimes against humanity and extra-judicial killings. News and information on ongoing projects, lists of advisors and supporters, upcoming conferences and recommended reading.
International Humanitarian Law
- Information, treaties, and legal materials, from the International Committee of the Red Cross. Includes the Geneva Conventions and their additional protocols.
International Society for Military Law and the Law of War
- Belgian based association to study military law and promote the law of armed conflict that respects human rights. In French and English.
Juozas Kisielaitis - Accused Nazi War Criminal
- Background on accused Nazi war criminal Juozas Kisielaitis.
The Laws of War
- A searchable database from the Avalon Project at Yale University on universally accepted means of conflict with historical treaties and agreements from the 18th to 21st century.
No Peace Without Justice
- Campaign of the Transnational Radical Party for the establishment of the ICC and support of the ad hoc international criminal tribunals for the former Yugoslavia and Rwanda.
Non-Turkish Crimes Against Humanity
- Conflicts happen around the world; Turkey is no exception. This site presents crimes, of equal if not greater magnitude to those committed in Turkey, all around the world.
Prevent Genocide International
- Global, Internet-based network of activists working to prevent the crime of genocide, providing information on international laws and penalties.
The Project on International Courts and Tribunals
- Created by New York University and the University of London to address legal, institutional and financial issues on the increase of international courts and tribunals as well as their use.
Ramsey Clark, The War Criminal's Best Friend
- Asserts the former U.S. attorney general has become the tool of left-wing cultists who defend Slobodan Milosevic, Saddam Hussein and Rwandan torturers as anti-imperialist heroes.
REDRESS - Seeking Reparation for Torture Survivors
- Redress is a London based, internationally focused non-profit legal/human rights organisation to help torture survivors use available international, regional and national remedies to obtain reparation and to campaign for effective remedies where they do not exist.
Research Office for the War Crimes Tribunals for the Former Yugoslavia and Rwanda
- Provides legal support and assistance in prosecuting individuals responsible for serious crimes and atrocities committed in the former Yugoslavia and Rwanda. From the Center for Human Rights and Humanitarian Law, American University.
US: Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe (CSCE)
- This section of CSCE (Helsinki Commission) is a part of the executive and legislative branches of the U.S. Government and monitors human rights in Europe. Hearings, resolutions in the US.
War Crimes and Crimes against Humanity, Including Genocide
- Principal legal instruments, form the University of Minnesota Human Rights Library.
Law and War: A Doctrine of Deterrence
- From UN Chronicle 35 (1998), by Anthony D'Amato. [PDF] (November 09, 2000)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 15, 2015 at 19:16:01 UTC -