become an editor
the entire directory
only in North_America/United_States
Warfare and Conflict
War on Terrorism
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Specific Conflicts: War on Terrorism: International Policy: North America: United States
US Intervention in Afghanistan
Regional: North America: United States: Government: Executive Branch
Regional: North America: United States: Government: Executive Branch: Department of Homeland Security
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Politics: Issues: National Security: Homeland Security
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Specific Conflicts: Iraq: International Policy: North America: United States
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Specific Conflicts: War on Terrorism: News and Media: Media Information
This category in other languages:
Al Gore's Speech on Iraq
- Transcript of the former US vice-president's speech on Iraq and the war on terrorism.
The Algebra of Infinite Justice
- Operation Enduring Freedom is ostensibly being fought to uphold the American Way of Life, but it'll probably end up undermining it completely, writes Arundhati Roy.
America's Imperial War
- The liberals who backed the Afghan bombing are now lined up with rampant US militarism. By George Monbiot, The Guardian, UK.
Anti-Americanism Has Taken the World by Storm
- The US has an ideological enemy harder to defeat than militant Islam: anti-Americanism. A comment by Salman Rushdie.
Back to the Revolution
- Jonathan Freedland points out the difference between honoring the ideals of America's founding fathers and acceptance of the US-government's policy. The Guardian, UK.
Bush Aiming at Wrong Target, US Critics Fear
- An upsurge in terrorist attacks around the world fuels criticism of the Bush administration's plans against Iraq. The Guardian, UK.
CIA: War on Terrorism
- Offers statements and interviews, a handbook for chemical, biological and radiological incidents, and links.
- The US-Department of Defense offers news, background information, a database for military systems and equipment used, multimedia, photo gallery and links to other government and military departments.
Federation of American Scientists: America's War on Terrorism
- Discusses terrorism, strategy and weaponry, and informs on actions taken by the US government. With documents, resources and external links.
Gore Vidal: Taking Liberties
- An extract from "The Last Empire".
Guardian Unlimited Special report: George Bush's America
- Coverage of American politics in general and foreign politics in special, including links to Special Reports on the conflict with Iraq and the war in Afghanistan.
My Vision for Peace
- Former President Bill Clinton says the threat of terrorism can only be countered by repairing the widening rift between the haves and the have-nots of the planet.
Washington Hawks Get Power Boost
- Analyses the ongoing debate between the defense establishment and the state department in Washington, and profiles some of the "hawks". The Guardian, UK.
White House Chief Warns of Lurch to Right
- Commentary on the political balance in the US administration after the resignation of Karen Hughes.
Wider War on Terrorism Watch
- A weblog of articles, news reports, and commentaries chronicling and reflecting on the inclinations of influential officials, policy analysts, and political actors to widen the war, by the Project on Defense Alternatives.
World Trade Center Terrorism and the Corporations
- Offers alternative views on US politics: commentary and external links.
Salon - If You Like Iraq, You'll Love Iran
- Former CIA analyst Kenneth Pollack says the Bush administration doesn't have a clue about what to do in Iran and doesn't have much time to get it right. (December 22, 2004)
Salon - Today Iraq, Tomorrow Iran
- Essay on how the neocons were dead wrong about Iraq, but they are still pushing for a preemptive attack on Iran. (August 11, 2004)
Salon - The New Pentagon Papers
- A high-ranking military officer reveals how Defense Department extremists suppressed information and twisted the truth to drive the US to war. (March 10, 2004)
Tariq Ali: How Bush Used 9/11 to Remap the World
- An interview with Tariq Ali by Fábio Fernandes of the Brazilian Magazin Mão Única. (July 08, 2002)
Mr Bush's Titanic War on Terror Will Eventually Sink Beneath the Waves
- Robert Fisk critizises new security measures, the relation between US foreign policy and inner politics and the use of simplicistic propaganda. The Independent, UK. (June 12, 2002)
Noam Chomsky versus Bill Bennett: CNN Debate on "Terrorism"
- A discussion with the two authors. (May 30, 2002)
Bernard Weiner: Why Is America Behaving This Way?
- An essay on the relations between US foreign policy and domestic policy. CounterPunch, US. (May 12, 2002)
A Struggle For the Soul Of the 21st Century
- A speech given by former President Bill Clinton at Georgetown University on Nov. 7, 2001. Salon.com. (November 07, 2001)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 12:00:58 PM EDT -