become an editor
the entire directory
only in Peace/Organizations
Warfare and Conflict
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Specific Conflicts: Middle East: Israel-Palestine: Peace: Organizations
Society: Issues: Peace: Activism and Peace Work
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Specific Conflicts: Middle East: Israel-Palestine: Organizations
Americans for Peace Now
- Information on the Middle East peace process and Israel from a grassroots peace organization.
Anarchists Against the Wall
- Israeli group supporting the popular Palestinian resistance to the Israeli separation wall.
Association for One Democratic State in Palestine / Israel
- Promotes the solution of the conflict by establishing one democratic non-discriminatory state for all people. Offering opinion articles, newsletter, contact information and profiles of the members.
Christian Peacemaker Teams: Hebron
- Offers news briefs, campaign, calls for action, photographs, and links.
Churches for Middle East Peace
- Advocating for a peaceful resolution of the Israel-Palestinian conflict, and an end to Israeli settlement in the occupied territories. Information about the group, its activities, policy analysis, resources, and an archive of letters to public officials.
Combatants for Peace
- Israeli and Palestinian individuals who were actively involved in the cycle of violence in their area, now committed to two states living in peace. Includes events, personal stories, photos and videos. [Arabic, English, Hebrew]
Foundation for Middle East Peace
- Promoting peace between Israel and Palestine, via two states, that meets the fundamental needs of both peoples. Includes a profile, photos, reports, articles, expert analyses, maps and information on settlements.
- Supports the peace process by offering an international center for educating young people to live in a multi-cultural environment.
Givat Haviva Educational Foundation
- Educates for peace, democracy, coexistence and understanding between Jewish and Arab Israelis, through programs and courses. US-based, received the UNESCO Prize for Peace Education in 2001.
- Israeli peace movement group includes articles, documents, actions and discussion forum. [Arabic, English, Hebrew, Russian]
Harry S. Truman Research Institute for the Advancement of Peace
- The institute supports major studies on the history, politics, and social development of the non-Western world, with focus on the Middle East. Provides information on research projects, events and publications, on the library and documentation center. With links for related websites, including the Israeli-Palestinian Peace Education Network (IPPEN).
If Americans Knew
- Seeking to provide a full view of Israel and Palestine.
Independent Jewish Voices
- network of Jews in Britain who share a commitment to certain principles, especially with the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in mind: putting human rights first, rejecting all forms of racism, and giving equal priority to Palestinians and Israelis in their quest for a peaceful and secure future.
Israel Policy Forum
- A not-for-profit, nonpartisan organization supporting active and sustained American efforts aimed at resolving the conflict between Israel and its Arab neighbors.
Jewish Peace Fellowship
- Founded by Rabbis in 1941. Supports conscientious objectors.
Jewish Voice For Peace
- Dedicated to the rights of Jews, Palestinians, and all peoples in the Middle East. Believes conflict won't end until Israel removes settlements. Petition, list server, resources, media.
Middle East Peace Camp for Children
- A summer camp in Seattle, Washington, where Arab and Jewish communities teach peace to Middle Eastern children to take back home.
Not In My Name
- Arguing to end the occupation and illegal settlement of the occupied territories, and to end all human rights violations by Israel against the Palestinians, on the basis that they are inconsistent with Jewish values.
Peace Research Institute in the Middle East (PRIME)
- Non-governmental, nonprofit organization established by Palestinian and Israeli researchers to pursue mutual coexistence and peace-building through joint research and outreach activities. Includes study and conference summaries, articles and projects.
Seeds of Peace
- Seeds of Peace is a non-profit, non-political organization that helps teenagers from regions of conflict learn the skills of making peace.
Ta'ayush Arab Jewish Partnership
- Works to bring an end to the demolition of Palestinian homes and the Israeli occupation of Palestine. Includes news and information on upcoming events. [Arabic, English, Hebrew]
The First Steps to a Better Future
- A plan for simultaneous marches in the U.S., Israel and Palestinian territory to build a mandate for nonviolence in the Middle East.
The International Solidarity Movement (ISM)
- Palestinian-led organization of Palestinians, Israelis, and internationals working to end the conflict, focusing on the Palestinian territories where chaos and insecurity often occur due to the lack of infrastructure.
The Peres Center for Peace
- Initiates joint projects with regional and international partners to build an infrastructure for peace by advancing social-economic cooperation and people-to-people relations. Offers information on projects and activities, a newsletter, reports and multimedia. Includes a collection of links for related sites.
Vermonters for a Just Peace in Palestine/Israel
- Burlington-based group includes news articles and background material along with their cable TV program schedule, event calendar and information for supporters and contributors.
Visions of Peace with Justice in Israel/Palestine
- An association of Jews in Greater Boston working to promote a lasting peace between Israelis and Palestinians based on mutual respect, justice, and equality.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, August 14, 2010 10:32:59 PM EDT -