become an editor
the entire directory
only in Israel-Palestine/Background_and_History
Warfare and Conflict
Background and History
History of Israel
History of Palestine
History of Zionism
Science: Social Sciences: Area Studies: Middle Eastern Studies
Society: History: By Time Period: Twentieth Century: Wars and Conflicts: Arab-Israeli Wars
Society: Issues: Race-Ethnic-Religious Relations: Hate: Anti-Semitism
Society: Religion and Spirituality
80 Theses - Draft for a New Peace Camp
- Gush Shalom, a non-Zionist Israeli group presents a historical narrative attempts to integrate Jewish and Palestinian perspectives on the history of the conflict.
Almanac of Policy Issues - Israeli-United States Relations
- History of US policy toward Israel since the Truman administration with an overview of current issues including the Israel-Palestine peace process and U.S. foreign assistance, from October 2002.
The Avalon Project at Yale Law School - The Middle East 1916-2001: A Documentary Record
- Collection of official documents about Israel and Palestine from the UN, UK, US, Israel and several Arab countries.
Background Material on the Arab-Israeli Conflict.
- A pro-Palestinian examination of the background of Arab - Israeli conflict and peace process with emphasis on historical documents. A compendium of reference information for those seeking deeper understanding of the issues.
Encyclopedia of the Palestine Problem
- Issa Nakhleh's e-book of articles about the Palestinian problem from an Arab Palestinian perspective.
- The background of the conflict as presented by an Israeli/Jewish peace organization.
The Hashemites - As the Arabs See the Jews
- Historical perspective on Zionism and Palestine written by King Abdullah of Jordan in The American Magazine, November 1947.
HistoryTeacher.net - Arab-Israeli Conflict
- Extensive, balanced and updated collection of links about every aspect of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Guide to the Mideast Peace Process
- Presentation of issues and documents related to the peace process.
Jewish Virtual Library - Myths & Facts Online
- Pro-Zionist FAQ about Zionism and Israel.
NPR - The Mideast: A Century of Conflict
- Seven-part radio series from September 2002 traces the history of the Israeli-Palestinian dispute. Includes maps, biographies and a timeline.
Palestine Remembered - Critical Analysis Of The Birth Of The Palestinian Refugee Problem
- Extract from Israeli historian Benny Morris's book "Righteous Victims", published in 1999.
PBS - Frontline: Battle for the Holy Land
- Documentary from April 2002 goes behind the lines and underground in the West Bank and Gaza Strip to reveal the tactics and strategies that led to the current violence.
Reviews in History:
- Review of revisionist historian Avi Shlaim's "Iron Wall" with its thesis that it was Israeli militarism that provoked conflict with its Arab neighbors.
Socialist Worker - Demand the Right of Return
- Pro-Palestinian account explaining that the opposition to Israeli occupation, and the demand for the right return and the right of self-determination without occupation, have nothing to do with anti-Semitism.
The Truth About Palestine
- A view on the current Israel-Palestine situation presented from a Palestinian viewpoint.
UNISPAL- United Nations Information on the Question of Palestine
- Database of maps, multimedia, UN resolutions and other documents from 1945 to the present.
Wikipedia - Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
- Hyperlinked encyclopedia article about the history of the conflict.
Zionism-Israel.com - A History of Zionism and the Creation of Israel
- Analytic account of the rise of the Zionism Movement and the genesis of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict from the Zionist point of view. Includes maps, photos and links to more detailed histories.
Background and History
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 15, 2015 at 19:15:56 UTC -