become an editor
the entire directory
only in Iraq/News_and_Media
Warfare and Conflict
News and Media
Regional: Middle East: Iraq: News and Media
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Specific Conflicts: News and Media
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Specific Conflicts: War on Terrorism: News and Media
This category in other languages:
Al-Ahram Weekly: Iraq
- Collection of articles and commentary. Egypt.
BBC News - Iraq War Inquiry
- Full coverage of the Iraq War Inquiry which commenced on 24 November 2009. Includes Q&A, key players, timelines, news, video reports and analysis. UK.
BBC News - Struggle for Iraq
- Extensive ongoing coverage including analysis and commentary, audio and video clips, maps, military factfiles, a timeline, profiles and key documents. UK.
CBS News: Iraq - After Saddam
- Offers news and analysis, including photo essays, interactive guides and multimedia. UK.
CNN: War in Iraq
- News, analysis, commentary, interactives, photos, video, audio and web resources. USA.
Economist.com - Country Briefings: Iraq
- Background material on Iraq includes news archives, country profile, economic data, forecasts, statistics, and backgrounders to the war and reconstruction. UK.
- The joint project from Voices in the Wilderness and The Electronic Intifada provides news, commentary, and links to selected articles in international sources. Includes diaries from eyewitnesses inside the country and mailing list.
Guardian.co.uk - Iraq
- Continuing coverage about the country includes news and analysis, commentary, videos, interactives, timelines and backgrounders. UK.
Guardian.co.uk - Politics and Iraq
- Ongoing coverage of postwar events in Iraq, the UK, the UN and elsewhere from a political viewpoint. Includes news and analysis with texts, weblogs, interviews and background material. UK.
The Gully: Sights on Iraq
- Provides news, commentary, and headline review. Includes links to resources and antiwar sites.
Institute for War and Peace Reporting: Iraq
- Reports, analysis, commentary and interviews, with focus on the views of Iraqis themselves inside the country and in exile.
- Includes editorials and links for news from international sources sorted by issue. With a country guide providing information on the country, its political situation, politicians and parties, and a discussion forum.
- Founded by journalists, activists and Democracy Now! to distribute independent information and views from the country. Articles and links for background information, a collection of videos, photo essays and links for other resources.
Library of Congress - Portals to the World: Conflict in Iraq (2003-2004_
- Includes links to comprehensive directories and databases related to the Iraq War as well as official government sources, anti-war resources, media resources, archaeology, museums and libraries.
Lincoln Journal Star - Local View: Going to War in Iraq Was a Mistake
- Letter from U.S. Representative Doug Bereuter of Nebraska, giving his view of the errors and failings of the war and its aftermath, and concluding that based on the inadequate intelligence and faulty conclusions it was a mistake, especially without a broad and engaged international coalition.
Marxist.net - Stop the War in Iraq
- Collection of articles and video about the war and its aftermath.
New York Times: A Nation at War
- Offers recent news and commentary, related documents and archivated articles covering the 1991 Gulf War. Includes interactive graphics and multimedia. USA [free registration necessary].
OutThereNews - Iraq
- Articles, photos and links along with books and downloads.
PBS Frontline: Beyond Baghdad
- Complete online video and transcript of the program using news, analysis and interviews. Includes interactive map, press reaction, tapes and transcripts, producer's chat, discussion forum, readings and links.
PBS Frontline: Bush's War
- On the fifth anniversary of the Iraq invasion, this definitive two-part series draws on Frontline's more than 40 reports on Iraq and the war on terror, as well as fresh reporting and interviews, to examine the lasting legacy of the Bush administration.
PBS Frontline: Chasing Saddam's Weapons
- Analysis of the hunt for WMD and the unanswered questions. Includes interviews with Hans Blix and David Kay, FAQs, reporter's chat, discussion forum and additional resources.
PBS Frontline: Private Warriors
- Report on the Pentagon's outsourcing to private contractors Halliburton/KBR, Blackwater, Aegis and Erinys to run US military supply lines, provide armed protection, and operate U.S. military bases. Questions where they fit in the chain of command, their effect on the military and the price being paid.
PBS Frontline: The Invasion of Iraq
- Retrospective from one year later uses interviews, chronology and analysis. Includes video excerpt, tapes and transcripts, producer's chat, teacher's guide, discussion forum, FAQs, readings and links.
PBS Frontline: Truth, War and Consequences
- Transcripts and complete video of why the US went to war against Iraq, what went wrong and what's at stake. Includes interviews with Ahmed Chalabi and several US officials, teacher's guide, discussion forum and additional resources.
Socialist Worker Online: Iraq
- Opinion articles, analysis, news on the antiwar movement and links for related resources.
UN OCHA ReliefWeb - Iraq
- Provides latest updates on emergencies, sector reports, appeals and financial tracking along with background information and employment vacancies.
Wall Street Journal - The Fight for Iraq
- Ongoing coverage of the war in Iraq, terrorism, and related news.
- Latest news, analysis and commentary, archive and external links. USA.
Poynter Online - WSJ Reporter Farnaz Fassihi's Email to Friends
- Email describing the conditions in Iraq in September, 2004. Includes her response verifying it and a link to her ASNE profile. (September 29, 2004)
BBC News - In Depth - Conflict with Iraq
- Articles and breaking news. [RSS]
News and Media
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 15, 2014 at 13:35:04 UTC -