become an editor
the entire directory
only in Iraq/Anti-War_Movement
Warfare and Conflict
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Specific Conflicts: Iraq: Anti-War Movement
Society: Issues: Peace: Activism and Peace Work
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Specific Conflicts: Iraq: Activism
This category in other languages:
Active Resistance to the Roots of War / Justice not Vengeance
- Nonviolent direct action group opposing the Gulf War. Includes anti-war documents and news; describes core principles and activities.
Americas Against Bombing
- Conservative/Libertarian coalition who are opposed to the bombing of Iraq and feel that U.S foreign policy is hypocritical.
Another Poster for Peace
- Group of designers who are committed to the peaceful and just resolution of the situation by offering their copyright-free art to the public. Includes ideas for using the art and a mailing list.
- Includes a daily index of the latest breaking news from a variety of media on the war in Iraq, as well as other conflicts.
Antiwar.com: Iraq Info
- News and links for activist organizations and resources.
Arizona Alliance for Peaceful Justice (AAPJ)
- Coalition of concerned individuals and organizations working toward peaceful and just solutions to terrorism and violence. Features calendar of events and links to related sites and e-groups.
Barcelona Against War
- A collection of pictures documenting the Barcelonan opposition against war.
Cities for Peace
- Effort to get city councils and other civic bodies to pass resolutions against a war on Iraq. Includes sample resolutions, activist toolkit, and action alerts.
- Calls on women around the world to rise up and oppose the war in Iraq. Encourages all actions, from public education and free speech to nonviolent civil disobedience that can disrupt the progress toward war. Action alerts, sign-up for e-mail updates, message board for women to share their experiences working for peace, vigil news, and upcoming events.
Guardian: The Anti-War Movement
- Ongoing coverage, commentary and links for related resources.
Iraq Occupation and Resistance Report
- Information on the US occupation of Iraq and the burgeoning resitance to that occupation.
Iraq Veterans Against the War
- A group of veterans from Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom committed to saving lives and ending the violence in Iraq by an immediate withdrawal of all occupying forces.
The Irish Anti-War Movement
- Includes information about demonstrations and Iraqi sanctions, posters, flyers, factsheets, and discussion forum.
Libertarians for Peace
- Libertarians committed to ending to United States military intervention and imperialism which benefits powerful government and corporate special interests at the expense of Americans and of peoples worldwide.
Military Families Speak Out
- An organization of people opposed to war in Iraq and who have relatives or loved ones in the military. Gives rejoinder to knee-jerk attacks that anyone opposing the war is unpatriotic, and seeks to avoid US troops dying for Bush's policies.
- Offers information on the anti-war movement and resources for activists.
The Peace Pretzel - Counterpropaganda for the People
- Peace, freedom of speech, and anti-Bush administration graphics offered for free.
- An advocacy organization founded by family members of September Eleventh victims. Its mission is to seek effective nonviolent responses to terrorism, and identify a commonality with all people similarly affected by violence throughout the world.
- Protests the US invasion of Iraq. Includes audio files, articles, pictures, and related resources.
Stop the War Coalition
- UK anti-war organisation. Provides news, articles, mailing lists, calendar of peace events, photos, and resources for groups and individuals.
- Photo gallery of images captured during the antiwar rallies held in San Francisco, CA 2003. Includes purchase information.
United for Peace
- News and events, ideas of ways to protest a war against Iraq, resources for organizations, and local and national contacts.
Who Dies for Bush Lies?
- Details the human cost of the somewhat controversial push for war and suggests methods of opposition.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 31, 2013 at 0:49:15 UTC -