become an editor
the entire directory
only in Specific_Conflicts/India-Pakistan
Warfare and Conflict
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Specific Conflicts: India-Pakistan
News and Media
Nuclear Weapons - India
Nuclear Weapons - Pakistan
Regional: Asia: India: Jammu and Kashmir
Regional: Asia: Pakistan: Provinces: Jammu and Kashmir
Society: History: By Time Period: Twentieth Century: Wars and Conflicts: India-Pakistan Wars
Society: Issues: Territorial Disputes: Kashmir
This category in other languages:
"Propaganda War" Receives a Makeover
- Pakistan's president has taken steps to improve his country's image in the intractable conflict with India.
Arundhati Roy: Under the Nuclear Shadow
- Describes the life of people in India under the threat of nuclear war. The Observer, UK.
BBC News Special Report: Flashpoint Kashmir
- Examines the roots and causes of the Kashmir dispute [Last update: 2000].
BBC News: The Future of Kashmir?
- Looks at possible scenarios for the outcome of the Kashmir dispute.
Benazir Bhutto: Musharraf Must Go
- The former prime minister of Pakistan and leader of the largest opposition party says that a regime change in Islamabad is the only way to prevent a war.
Global Policy Forum: India and Pakistan
- Monitoring international policy-making at the United Nations, and offering U.N. documents, articles and an archive on the Kashmir conflict.
India Pakistan Arms Race and Militarisation Watch
- E-mail discussion group for peace activists, covering arms sales to the region, acquisitions, development and deployment of new weapons, the implications of militarisation, and the conduct of intelligence agencies.
India's Deadly Defence: the 1,800 Mile Long Minefield
- Indian army and security forces have started to lay hundreds of thousands of anti-personnel mines along the entire length of its 1,800-mile border with Pakistan.
Salman Rushdie: In Kashmir, Déjà-vu is a Way of Life
- A comment on the history of the conflict and the reluctance of the international community to intervene. The Guardian, UK.
Time to Hear Kashmir's Cry
- Describes the dangerous mood in the province.
United Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan
- News, information on the UN mandate, facts, a map and UN documents, from an organization created in 1949 to supervise the ceasefire between India and Pakistan in the State of Jammu and Kashmir, and since renewed to monitor the 1971 ceasefire.
Wage Peace, Not War
- Conflict in Kashmir could vaporise millions, but the world's "moral leaders" are looking away, states George Monbiot. The Guardian, UK.
- Henry Porter comments on the surprising little international response to the Kashmir conflict.
Why Nuclear Conflict is a Real Threat
- Reports on the danger of a nuclear conflict between India and Pakistan. The Guardian, UK.
£1Bn Arms Push to India
- The UK is mounting an intensive campaign to boost arms sales to India, in spite of the danger of the India-Pakistan dispute over Kashmir spilling into war and destabilising the entire region.
August 1914 in Pakistan
- Nicholas D. Kristoff reports on the opinions of Pakistani citizens. (June 14, 2002)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 12:01:59 PM EDT -