become an editor
the entire directory
only in Afghanistan_Civil_War/US_Intervention
Warfare and Conflict
Afghanistan Civil War
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Specific Conflicts: Afghanistan Civil War: US Intervention
Operation Enduring Freedom
Operation Veritas - UK
Fall of Taliban
Search for Al-Qaida
Regional: North America: United States: Government: Executive Branch
Society: Issues: Terrorism: Terrorist Organizations: Al-Qaida
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Specific Conflicts: Afghanistan Civil War: International Policy
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Specific Conflicts: War on Terrorism
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Specific Conflicts: War on Terrorism: International Policy: North America: United States
"Secret" War Prevents Us from Learning the Truth
- Commentary on the media politics of the American and British military. The Observer, UK.
Analysis: The Military Lessons
- The peculiar features of the Afghan campaign are evaluated for future struggles by Jonathan Marcus, BBC defence correspondent.
- A collection of Marc Herolds commentary on the US bombings and political developments.
Dawn Raids Stoke Fires of Resentment
- Rory McCarthy reports on mounting anger of Afghan citizens at the US military presence. The Guardian, UK.
A Fairy Tale at Christmas
- Coverage of the war in Afghanistan has played down the civilian deaths and 4 million refugees, to make audiences believe in a straightforward moral narrative, says the Guardian.
No Military Solution to Terrorism
- Richard Norton-Taylor discusses the ongoing bombing in Afghanistan. The Guardian, UK.
This Futile Campaign
- Madeleine Bunting discusses the effects of the western intervention on the life of Afghans and on terrorism. The Guardian, UK.
When Uncle Sam Meets 'Stan
- Jason Burke reports on the daily life at Bagram Air Base. The Observer, UK.
- Comment on the US military by Chris Floyd. Counterpunch, US. (June 12, 2002)
US, Beware the Consequences in Afghanistan
- In the Christian Science Monitor, Edward Girardet finds US attacks on Afghanistan counterproductive and argues for a peace settlement and massive reconstruction. (October 22, 2001)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 12:00:36 PM EDT -