become an editor
the entire directory
only in Afghanistan_Civil_War/News_and_Media
Warfare and Conflict
Afghanistan Civil War
News and Media
Regional: Asia: Afghanistan: News and Media
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Specific Conflicts: War on Terrorism: News and Media
- Detailed photo essay covering the civil war and the daily life of Afghans, by Alexander Merkushev.
Guardian.co.uk - Why We Must Show the Dead
- Eamonn McCabe explains the reasons for publishing photographs of war's victims.
Hope in a Ruined Land
- Photojournal by Tyler Hicks for the New York Times, showing the country in summer 2002. Includes audio commentary, transcript and map.
How Smart Was This Bomb?
- Did the US mean to hit the Kabul offices of Al-Jazeera TV? Some journalists are convinced it was targeted for being on the 'wrong side'. A report by Matt Wells in the Guardian.
Institute for War and Peace Reporting: Afghanistan
- Weekly reports on human rights and media issues, and information on the IWPR's efforts to train Afghan journalists. [Dari, English, Pashto]
Journalists Fight "Hidden War" in Afghanistan
- US military and Northern Alliance may have colluded to keep journalists away from areas in Afghanistan where special forces were operating. The Guardian, UK.
Know Nothing About Afghanistan? Blame the Death of the Documentary
- The audience is flooded with news, but the media reduce Afghans to either victims or warriors.
MILNEWS.ca - CAN in Kandahar
- News/opinion aggregator highlighting news and open source information about the Canadian deployment in Kandahar province, with some coverage of events in nearby Helmand and Oruzgan provinces.
Williams Afghan Media Project - AMRC Photos
- The Afghan Media Resource Center (AMRC) collection of photographs and slides taken between 1987 and 1992, housed at Williams College.
CNN: "We Didn't Want to Criticize a Popular War"
- Kurt Nimmo criticizes the lack of investigative journalism in the US mainstream media. From Counterpunch, US. (August 23, 2002)
First 'Internet War' Gives Americans Non-American Viewpoints
- Anick Jesdanun discusses and lists websites giving Americans foreign viewpoints on the conflict in Afghanistan. (October 18, 2001)
The Iranian: Limbs of No Body
- Commentary by Mohsen Makhmalbaf, an Iranian film-maker who has produced two feature films on Afghanistan, on the reasons for the high mortality and emigration rates. Photo essay by Ali Khaligh. (June 20, 2001)
News and Media
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 20, 2014 at 23:06:13 UTC -