become an editor
the entire directory
only in Warfare_and_Conflict/Disarmament
Warfare and Conflict
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Disarmament
Business: Investing: Socially Responsible
Society: Issues: Gun Control: By Country
Society: Issues: Peace
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Arms Trade
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Weapons: Biological, Chemical, and Radiological: Nonproliferation
Arms Control Association
- National nonpartisan membership organization dedicated to promoting public understanding and support for effective arms control policies.
Berlin Information-center for Transatlantic Security
- German based organization providing independent expertise on military security issues, especially in the field of nuclear and conventional disarmament and arms control, non-proliferation, and NATO-Russian relations.
Center for Arms Control, Energy and Environmental Studies
- Provides information, news, events, discussions and publications related to problems of arms reduction. Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology site.
Center for Nonproliferation Studies (CNS)
- Research projects, databases and publications about the global proliferation of nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons of mass destruction. Monterey Institute of International Studies provides training on nonproliferation issues.
Committee on Disarmament, Peace, and Security
- A private voluntary organization based at the UN providing services and facilities to citizens' groups concerned with the peace and disarmment activities of the United Nations.
Council for a Livable World
- Educate the public about nuclear weapons, the dangers of the arms race, and the search for peaceful alternatives. Provides news and resources.
Defense Threat Reduction Agency
- Consolidates a variety of US Defense Department functions to deal more effectively with the threats posed by nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons. Information on the activities and technology of the agency.
Disarmament Diplomacy Archives
- Articles on nuclear, biological, and terrorism. Copywrited in 1999 by The Acronym Institute. Disarmament Diplomacy, published since January 1996, is the successor journal to Nuclear Proliferation News.
Eonomists Allied for Arms Reduction - ECAAR
- NGO offering analysis on global issues relating to peace, security, and the world economy. Includes overview, publications, and events.
Federation of American Scientists
- Analyses public policy for global security; covers Arms Sales Monitoring, Biological Weapons, CyberStrategy, Intelligence Reform, Military Analysis, Monitoring Emerging Diseases, Nuclear Weapons, Secrecy and Government and Space Policy.
Institute for Science and International Security (ISIS)
- Working for nuclear nonproliferation and decreased weapons production. Employing science like satellite imagery in the pursuit of international peace.
Laurier Centre for Military Strategic and Disarmament Studies
- Foster research, teaching, and public discussion of military and strategic issues of national and international significance. Research activities on military history and the strategic analysis of defence operations, peace-keeping, and arms control.
Missile Defense Working Group
- A network of campaigning and research organisations that are opposed to the development of a Missile Defense system and to any UK involvement in a United States or European missile defense system.
- Enhances global security by fighting nuclear terrorism and proliferation, preventing war, reducing defense spending, restraining arms trading, cleaning up radioactive waste, and banning landmines.
Pope John Paul II On Disarmament
- Message to the General Assembly of the United Nations stating that disarmament efforts cannot concern only some countries or be centered one type of weapon.
Stockholm International Peace Research Institute
- A first-rank research center, with support from the Swedish government. Arms and military research areas including publications and database.
The New York Times - Arms Control and Limitation and Disarmament
- Collection of recent and archived news and commentary, photos, multimedia and selected web resources about arms control, limitation and disarmament.
US State Department Bureau of Arms Control
- Policy oversight for the missions of arms control, nonproliferation, and political-military affairs. Merged with the former Arms Control and Disarmament Agency. Many fact sheets, treaties and reports.
US State Department Bureau of Nonproliferation
- Responsible for the missions of arms control, nonproliferation, and political-military affairs. Merged with the former Arms Control and Disarmament Agency. Many fact sheets, treaties and reports.
United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG)
- Disarmament issues.
Verification Research, Training and Information Center (VERTIC)
- Verification as a means of ensuring confidence in the implementation of treaties or other agreements in areas of peace, security, arms control, disarmament and the environment.
Western States Legal Foundation
- Information and analysis for peace and environmental activists. Provides WSLF publications, government documents on nuclear weapons policy and related topics, and web links.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:43:57 PM EST -