the entire directory
only in Issues/Warfare_and_Conflict
Warfare and Conflict
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict
News and Media
Strategy and Tactics
Science: Social Sciences: Political Science: Foreign Policy
Science: Social Sciences: Political Science: International Relations
Science: Technology: Military Science
Society: History: By Topic: Wars and Conflicts
This category in other languages:
Almanac of Policy Issues: National Security
- News, background information, and links on U.S. foreign policy and national security issues.
Belfer Center International Security Program
- Addresses the important challenges to U.S. national security and international security and seeks to advance scholarship in security studies by contributing to significant academic debates through its own research activities and by publishing a leading journal in the field, International Security.
Beyond the Fire
- Introduces the real-life stories of 15 teenagers, now living in the U.S., who have survived war in seven war zones.
British American Security Information Council (BASIC)
- Independent research organization that analyzes international security issues. Analysis and updates on all key international nuclear related events.
The Center for Advanced Defense Studies (CADS)
- A non-profit multidisciplinary research institution working in the areas of information warfare and operations, decision making, international relations, and strategic intelligence. Offers reading materials, event announcements, and project information.
Center for Civilians in Conflict
- Organization working to obtain U.S. Government assistance for war-torn communities and families in need, while helping to shine a spotlight on the human costs of war.
Center for Security Policy
- A U.S. national security think tank specializing in decision briefs and press releases on critical foreign policy and military defense matters. Subject area archive dating from 1988, including abstracts.
Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments
- An independent policy research institute providing news and publications on military strategy, defense budgets and programs, weapon systems and critical technologies, personnel issues, force readiness, future warfare, and defense industries. Links to related materials.
Correlates of War (COW) Project
- Ongoing effort at the University of Michigan to study the conditions associated with the outbreak of war, as well as with the conditions surrounding militarized disputes. With history, bibliography, and links.
The Cycle of War and Economics
- The relationship between economics, social movements, and wars and, how they fuel each other.
G2mil Military Research Portal
- Military portal featuring weapons, warfare, and military news.
Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF)
- Assists the international community in pursuing good governance and reform of the security sector. Information about their activities and publications.
Human Security Report
- Report on the global state of armed conflict. Includes complete report in PDF format, press kit, statistics, and background information.
Jane's Information Group
- News, information and analysis on defense, geopolitics, transport and police industries and issues.
National Security Studies Center
- Israeli research center focused on national security and terrorism.
Partnership for Democratic Governance and Security
- International forum for civil military relations and democratic governance. Site provides information, tools and contacts with those working in the field of democratic governance, security and civil-military relations.
Royal United Services Institute
- Studies geopolitics, strategy, operational matters, the causes, prevention and resolution of regional conflicts, the balancing of resources and commitments, defence technology and procurement.
UN Chronicle Online
- A gateway to news, information and links about the United Nations system. Includes articles on issues such as human rights, development and international economics.
War and Law League
- A nonpartisan, not-for-profit organization upholding the U.S. Constitution and treaties in matters of war and peace; opposing any wars initiated by presidents and undeclared by Congress.
War Is A Racket
- A short book by US Marine Corp Major General Smedley Butler on how the US military made war far more for Wall Street and big corporations than anyone's freedom or democracy.
War Powers Resolution
- Original text of the 1973 War Powers Resolution.
Warfare and Conflict
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 5:45:04 AM EDT -