become an editor
the entire directory
only in Violence_and_Abuse/Youth
Violence and Abuse
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Violence and Abuse: Youth
Shopping: Children: Safety Products and Services
Society: Issues: Children, Youth and Family
Society: Issues: Violence and Abuse: School
Society: Law: Legal Information: Juvenile Law
Society: People: Generations and Age Groups: Youth
This category in other languages:
American Psychological Association HelpCenter
- Warning Signs on-line brochure providing information on detecting a tendency of violence and on controlling the anger driving it.
Animal Abuse and Youth Violence
- Frank R. Ascione's report for the U.S. Department of Justice describing the psychiatric, psychological and criminal research linking animal abuse to violence perpetrated by juveniles and adults. [pdf]
Break the Cycle
- Empowering youth to end domestic violence.
- Non-profit organization committed to stopping teen violence and alienation.
Children's Bureau of Southern California
- Information about child abuse prevention and treatment, parenting, foster care and adoption.
Children, Adolescence and Violence
- Psychologist Michael Fenichel presents information and resources for parents, teachers, students, and counselors. Emphasis is on prevention, the "warning signs", causes, and effects of violence.
For The People
- Non-profit organization specializing in youth violence prevention, youth outreach and advocacy.
Indicators of School Crime and Safety, 2002 - Executive Summary
- This report provides detailed statistical information to inform the United States on the current nature of crime in schools. This edition of Indicators contains the most recent available data on school crime and safety drawn from a number of statistical series supported by the federal government.
The Realities and Issues Facing Today's Juveniles
- Susan Magestro explores teen problems such as bullying, drug use, school shooting, gangs, and family issues.
Violent Kids Information Site
- A website for students, teachers and others who want to learn more about the psychological characteristics of kids who kill.
- Programs by and for teens to reduce violence in communities and schools.
Youth Indicators 1996
- A statistical compilation of data on family structure, jobs, education, and other elements that comprise the world of young people. Where possible, long-term trend data are provided in a historical context for interpretation. Source: National Center For Education Statistics (NCES). Available in both HTML and PDF format (2.4 M).
- Content from athealth.com reviewing youth violence and aggression.
Youth Violence Resources
- Listings of and links to articles, agencies, organizations and websites to find help and information about youth, teen and adolescent violence and bullying issues.
- Youngsters, teens and adults from diverse backgrounds fight against bias, bigotry and prejudice. People can report hate-related incidents and get information about school violence, and human rights.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 12, 2012 at 16:24:04 UTC -