become an editor
the entire directory
only in Incidents/Columbine_High_School
Violence and Abuse
Columbine High School
Regional: North America: United States: Colorado: Localities: L: Littleton
Society: Issues: Health: Mental Health: Medication: School Violence
- Salon's full coverage of the ongoing debate over gun control, the Internet, music, race and adolescent alienation.
Church of the Subgenius: Trenchcoat Mafia
- Commentary, artwork, and links.
- Detailed description of course and prehistory of the massacre as well as a reconstruction of the thought world and the media-environment of the culprits.
Columbine High School Memorial Site
- The shootings in Columbine high school are a sensless act that have left all of Littleton, Colorado in mourning.
- Dedicated to all who died on April 20, 1999 when two students rampaged through a Colorado high school.
Dissecting Columbine's Cult of the Athlete
- The state wrestling champ was regularly permitted to park his $100,000 Hummer all day in a 15-minute space. A football player was allowed to tease a girl.
Littleton Tragedy -- an analysis
- Controversial analysis of the Littleton tragedy.
NPR : Dealing with Troubled Kids, Five Years After Columbine
- NPR's Madeleine Brand reports on how the community response to troubled adolescents in Littleton, Colo., has changed in the five years since the Columbine High School massacre. [8:32 Realaudio broadcast] (April 20, 2004)
- Correspondent Howard Berkes was part of a team of NPR reporters mobilized to cover the shooting at Columbine High School on April 20, 1999. Five years later, he recalls that day in an essay for npr.org. (April 01, 2004)
NPR : Trio of Films Influenced by Columbine Shootings
- Three new films draw inspiration from the deadly 1999 rampage by a pair of teenagers at Columbine High School in Colorado. David Darcy reports. [6:54 Realaudio broadcast] (October 25, 2003)
NPR : Columbine
- Mark Roberts reports on lingering questions about police response to the Columbine High School shootings of nearly three years ago. One father believes his son was killed by an errant police bullet, not by the student shooters. [4:30 Realaudio broadcast] (February 16, 2002)
DenverPost.com - Columbine Tragedy and Recovery
- A comprehensive overview of the Columbine tragedy. (April 20, 2000)
NPR : New Details About Columbine Shootings Released To Public
- A story about the final report from the investigation into shootings at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado. The Post reported yesterday that the document contains many details previously unknown by the public. [3:09 Realaudio broadcast] (March 13, 2000)
- Local reporters have known for months that eyewitnesses disputed the account of Cassie Bernall's "martyrdom." [Salon News] (September 30, 1999)
NPR : Columbine Shootings
- NPR's Eric Westervelt reports from Littleton on the members of the eight Colorado SWAT teams, whose officers eventually entered Columbine High School, exchanged gun fire with the two killers, and helped rescue students - and whose actions are being reviewed by critics. [5:41 Realaudio broadcast] (April 27, 1999)
NPR : Littleton School Shooting
- Authorities in Colorado say they are all but certain that the two high school students who carried out Tuesday's massacre at Columbine High School had help from others. Police hope security cameras in the school may provide crucial evidence. Howard Berkes reports. [4:03 Realaudio broadcast] (April 23, 1999)
CNN - As Many As 25 Dead In Colorado School Attack
- Report on the two heavily armed young men opening fire and tossing explosives in the school. (April 20, 1999)
Columbine High School
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 17, 2015 at 5:15:06 UTC -