become an editor
the entire directory
only in Violence_and_Abuse/School
Violence and Abuse
Studies, Reports, Statistics
Reference: Education: K through 12: School Safety
Society: Issues: Violence and Abuse: Youth
This category in other languages:
Best Practices of City Governments
- Search the United States Conference of Mayors site for what mayors have reported about school violence and prevention programs.
Crisis of Violence and Hatred in Today's Schools
- Discusses school violence and hatred from the standpoint that it is often ignored or covered up. Writing a book on the subject and searching for a publisher and support.
Educators for Social Responsibility
- A source of curriculum materials and teacher training programs that focus on issues of peacemaking and conflict resolution.
FamilyEducation.com: School Violence
- Articles and information on school violence from the Family Education Network.
Institute for the Study of Antisocial Behaviour in Youth
- Information related to antisocial and violent behaviour in youth through seminars, public forums, flyers, videos, and books.
Journal of School Violence
- Current research, theory, and practice related to prevention of school violence and to intervention when violence occurs.
National School Safety Center
- Works to protect the school environment and to maintain an atmosphere where teachers feel safe to teach and students feel safe enough to learn. Other projects include confidential counseling and developing a positive image for law enforcement.
School Safety Center
- FamilyEducation.com provides parents with information and resources needed to take an active role in protecting their children from youth violence.
- Analysis of the issues involved with school terrorism and advice for kids and parents.
- The causes of school bullying and hazing and what can be done about it.
Students Against Student Shootings
- An organization, committed to trying to prevent these shootings from happening.
NPR : Talk of the Nation : School Safety vs. Student Rights
- In the wake of the Columbine tragedy, students across the country are being disciplined for activities ranging from discussing violent impulses to wearing black clothing. Eleven students in Ohio were suspended for posting satirical essays about reaction to the Columbine shootings on their website. Ray Suarez and guests discuss the tension between protecting schools and protecting students' rights. [46:45 Realaudio broadcast] (May 17, 1999)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 1, 2014 at 17:43:16 UTC -