become an editor
the entire directory
only in Violence_and_Abuse/Prevention
Violence and Abuse
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Violence and Abuse: Prevention
American Humane Association
- AHA is a national leader in identifying and preventing the causes of child and animal abuse and neglect.
The Avert Project
- An interactive and highly effective training program that has shown to decrease the risk of institutional violence by establishing a system-wide model for behavioral accountability.
The Conflict Center
- Teaches that conflict and differences are inevitable but that violence is not.
Crime Survivor Guide
- Resources for a victim needing to face a parole board about the possible release, parole or probation of an assailant.
Lets Prevent Abuse
- Abuse prevention project sponsored by the Parent Advocacy Coalition for Educational Rights (PACER); seeks to assist early childhood professionals in identifying and working with families who are at risk for child maltreatment. Describes script and intended audience; puppet order form provided.
- Workplace violence consultancy and training provider.
- A non-profit organization committed to the rights of women and children to live their lives free of violence and the threat of violence.
NetCops PSI - COPTALK
- Public safety information from cops.
Ohio Violence Prevention Academy
- Charles E. Traylor offers violence prevention training through workshops and presentations. Includes biography and client list. Columbus, Ohio.
- The reader can explore this site to discover how to tap that potential in your community and create a safer and healthier environment for our young people.
The ReDo Theatre Company
- Offers tools to help people young and old understand and deal with anger, violence and conflict.
SAFE House Web Site and Resource Center
- A non-profit Nevada organization devoted to strengthening families by Stopping Abuse in the Family Environment.
The Scary Guy
- Interactive programs focus on anti-bullying, anti-violence and emotional intelligence.
Stop Violence:Resources for A Just Peace
- Links to online resources on many forms of violence and other forms of victimization. Find help hotlines, safety tips, statistics, critical analysis and policy ideas.
- Gateway to multiple topics related to gangs and violence in general provided by Teachers Workshop, Bishop, GA.
- A new, award winning program to prevent violence in children, teens and families to improve communication skills, to teach anger and stress management and other critical life skills.
Violence Prevention Research Program (VPRP)
- Violence prevention research unit at the University of California, Davis.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 1, 2013 at 7:15:05 UTC -