become an editor
the entire directory
only in Violence_and_Abuse/Family_Violence
Violence and Abuse
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Violence and Abuse: Family Violence
Same Sex Family Violence
Society: Relationships: Marriage
This category in other languages:
Our Endangered Species: A Hard Look At How We Treat Children
- Discussion about child abuse in communities by author Andrew Vachss.
Bursting the Bubble
- Explains how children can identify violence and abuse within the family, and what can be done to help. Includes FAQ, personal stories, legal advice, and lists of services in Australia.
Cambridge Documentary Films
- A non-profit organization that produces and distributes documentaries and study guide resources on many social issues, including: domestic violence, trauma and recovery, and sexism.
- Dedicated to the treatment, prevention and research of child abuse and neglect. Organization operates a hotline for child abuse and neglect.
Children of Domestic Violence: Risks and Remedies
- Minnesota Center Against Violence and Abuse - by Barbara J. Hart, Esq.
Clark County Prosecutor
- Contact information and a description of the work of the office, an online reference desk with information on topics such as drugs, elder abuse, and local courts, and information for police officers.
Domestic Violence Home Page
- The American Bar Association's web site for domestic violence issues. Information for attorneys and survivors. Contains information on protecting privacy for survivors during and after divorce.
Evaluation of Physical Abuse in Children - May 15, 2000 - American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Family Physicians
Family Research Laboratory, University of New Hampshire
- The Family Research Laboratory (FRL) is an independent research unit devoted to the study of family problems.
Family Violence Prevention Information
- Halifax, Novia Scotia government agency with guide to violence and abuse of women, children, and elderly. With publication guide, report forms, and news releases.
Harriet Tubman Center
- Addresses dating and domestic violence prevention. Provides a variety of support programs. Based in Minneapolis.
McLean Researchers Document Brain Damage Linked to Child Abuse and Neglect
- Four types of brain abnormalities linked to child abuse and neglect, providing the first comprehensive review about the multiple ways in which abuse can damage the developing brain
Myth of False Sexual Abuse Allegations in Divorce
- Studies show that between 6 and 62 percent of females and 3 to 30 percent of males have had a sexual abuse experience before age 18. Article by Merrilyn McDonald explores the issue of claims of false allegations.
NCALL: National Clearinghouse on Abuse in Later Life
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ABUSE IN LATER LIFE (<a href="docs/FAQs_DALL.pdf" target=blank alt="click for printable copy of FAQs">print</a>)
National Aboriginal Circle Against Family Violence
- NACAFV provides education and advocacy around the issue of family violence in aboriginal communities.
National Center for Injury Prevention and Control List of Fact Sheets
- Very good listing of fact sheets on domestic violence, child abuse, health risks of intimate violence.
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- Official site for current information on Missing and Exploited Children, search for missing children, view wanted posters, submit child "sightings", and additional information.
National Council on Child Abuse and Family Violence
- A Washington, DC group on family violence addressing child abuse, spouse/partner abuse (domestic violence), and elder abuse.
Not to People Like Us
- Dr. Susan Weitzman explores a heretofore overlooked population of battered wives--the highly-educated and upper-income women.
Pine Tree Legal Assistance
- Protection From Abuse client education page. About Maine's Protection From Abuse law as well as links to other Maine sites
- A non-profit project of the Tides Center working to create and promote community-based approaches to preventing violence against women and children.
Sibling Abuse Survivors' Information & Advocacy Network
- Sibling abuse is probably the most common and accepted form of domestic violence.
Symptoms of Emotional Abuse
- Read about the symptoms of emotional abuse.
The Abuse of Animals and Domestic Violence by Ascione, Weber & Wood : The Zero 5.0laf - The Official Website of Andrew Vachss
- Discusses the implications of survey results for domestic violence programs, animal welfare organizations, and programs serving children of women who are battered by their partners.
Violence in Families
- Nat'l Academy Press, Understanding and Preventing Violence, Volume 1 (1993), Chapter 5, Commission on Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education
Welcome to the Men's Resource Center
- Resources for ending violence including open drop-in support groups in Amherst, Northampton, and Greenfield; a group for male survivors of childhood abuse and neglect in Amherst; and a group in Amherst for gay, bisexual, and questioning men.
What is Parental Alienation Syndrome?
- Article and resources on the controversial parental alienation syndrome, as it is used in child custody battles. Provided by the Leadership Council on Child Abuse and Interpersonal Violence, a professional organization of phyisicans, psychologists, nurses, social workers and others working in the field of child abuse and interpersonal violence.
Unintended Pregnancy Among Adult Women Exposed to Abuse or Household Dysfunction During Their Childhood
- Abstract of JAMA article by Patricia M. Dietz, DrPH, et al. (October 13, 1999)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, March 2, 2010 5:03:16 PM EST -