become an editor
the entire directory
only in Violence_and_Abuse/Elder
Violence and Abuse
Lawyers and Law Firms
Social Resources and Services
Alcohol and Elder Abuse Cases
- Explores the relationship between substance abuse and elder abuse, co-dependency and special challenges to providing services.
American Psychological Association - Elder Abuse and Neglect
- This APA Office on Aging site describes the different types of abuse and neglect, why abuse occurs, warning signs, caregiver issues, cultural issues and reporting guidelines.
Clearinghouse on Abuse and Neglect of the Elderly (CANE)
- From the University of Delaware, this computerized collection of elder abuse resources and materials includes over 3,700 holdings and can be searched.
Elder Abuse - Illinois
- From the University of Illinois, this site provides definitions, case studies, victim and abuser profiles. Includes local telephone numbers to report abuse.
Elder Abuse - Indiana, Clark County Prosecuting Attorney
- Examines the causes of elder abuse. Includes applicable Indiana laws and Adult Protective Services information.
Elder Abuse: Second Report of Session 2003-04
- House of Commons Health Committee comprehensive study of elder abuse, a hidden and often ignored problem in British society. [PDF]
- The National Academy of Sciences offers this draft report on elder mistreatment, abuse, neglect and exploitation in an aging America.
Elder Mistreatment: Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation in an Aging America
- The Committee on National Statistics offers this 2002 comprehensive study of the issue in open book format through the National Academies Press.
eMedicine - Elder Abuse
- Article by Monique I Sellas, MD and Laurel H Krouse,M.D. offering guidelines for emergency physicians.
National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA)
- Offers fact sheets, reporting numbers, news, a list of NCEA publications, bibliographies, statistics and resources.
National Clearinghouse on Abuse in Later Life (NCALL)
- Focuses on program development, policy, technical assistance and training addressing the nexus between domestic violence, sexual assault and elder abuse.
Nonfatal Physical Assaults Related Injuries in Seniors, 2001
- Center for Disease Control study among persons aged 60 and above, treated in U.S. hospital emergency departments.
Prevention of Elder Abuse
- The World Health Organization explains its global response to the problem. Includes the Toronto Declaration and focus group reports from eight countries.
Usenet soc.senior.issues -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 21, 2016 at 7:54:06 UTC -