become an editor
the entire directory
only in Violence_and_Abuse/Elder
Violence and Abuse
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Violence and Abuse: Elder
Lawyers and Law Firms
Social Resources and Services
Alcohol and Elder Abuse Cases
- Explores the relationship between substance abuse and elder abuse, co-dependency and special challenges to providing services.
American Psychological Association - Elder Abuse and Neglect
- This APA Office on Aging site describes the different types of abuse and neglect, why abuse occurs, warning signs, caregiver issues, cultural issues and reporting guidelines.
Clearinghouse on Abuse and Neglect of the Elderly (CANE)
- From the University of Delaware, this computerized collection of elder abuse resources and materials includes over 3,700 holdings and can be searched.
Elder Abuse - Illinois
- From the University of Illinois, this site provides definitions, case studies, victim and abuser profiles. Includes local telephone numbers to report abuse.
Elder Abuse - Indiana, Clark County Prosecuting Attorney
- Examines the causes of elder abuse. Includes applicable Indiana laws and Adult Protective Services information.
Elder Abuse and Neglect
- From Webster University, this site examines the problem of abuse and neglect as well as its potential causes. Gives suggestions for intervening and discusses self-neglect.
Elder Abuse: Second Report of Session 2003-04
- House of Commons Health Committee comprehensive study of elder abuse, a hidden and often ignored problem in British society. [PDF]
Elder Justice and Protection - Stopping the Abuse
- U.S. Senate hearing of August 20, 2003 to examine the problem of elder abuse and issues related to prevention, reporting and prosecution.
- The National Academy of Sciences offers this draft report on elder mistreatment, abuse, neglect and exploitation in an aging America.
Elder Mistreatment: Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation in an Aging America
- The Committee on National Statistics offers this 2002 comprehensive study of the issue in open book format through the National Academies Press.
eMedicine - Elder Abuse
- Article by Monique I Sellas, MD and Laurel H Krouse,M.D. offering guidelines for emergency physicians.
National Adult Protective Services Association (NAPSA)
- US non-profit association to share information and improve quality of services for victims of elder and vulnerable adult abuse. Includes training and conferences information.
National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA)
- Offers fact sheets, reporting numbers, news, a list of NCEA publications, bibliographies, statistics and resources.
National Clearinghouse on Abuse in Later Life (NCALL)
- Focuses on program development, policy, technical assistance and training addressing the nexus between domestic violence, sexual assault and elder abuse.
Nonfatal Physical Assaults Related Injuries in Seniors, 2001
- Center for Disease Control study among persons aged 60 and above, treated in U.S. hospital emergency departments.
OakNet - Older Adult Knowledge Network
- Describes different types of abuse in non-institutional settings and how Canadian law protects elders. Includes case stories written from the seniors' perspective.
Prevention of Elder Abuse
- The World Health Organization explains its global response to the problem. Includes the Toronto Declaration and focus group reports from eight countries.
Saving our Seniors - Preventing Elder Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation
- United States Senate hearing of June 14, 2001 before the Special Committee on Aging.
Usenet soc.senior.issues -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, May 13, 2012 12:05:05 PM EDT -