become an editor
the entire directory
only in Transportation/Public_Transportation
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Transportation: Public Transportation
Personal Rapid Transit
Tramways and LRT
Business: Industrial Goods and Services: Engineering: Civil: Traffic and Transportation
Business: Transportation and Logistics: Urban Transport: Transit Systems
Recreation: Trains and Railroads
Science: Social Sciences: Urban and Regional Planning: Transportation
Society: Issues: Environment: Growth and Sprawl
This category in other languages:
Animals on the Underground
- A site dedicated to "The Animals" that can be found on London tube maps using a little imagination.
- An all-volunteer transit consumer group working to promote an upgraded and expanded Caltrain system to serve the San Francisco Peninsula and San Jose-East Bay corridors. Includes articles on what Bay Area rail priorities should be, upgrading Caltrain, the proposed Caltrain extension to downtown SF, status of these and other Caltrain improvements.
Bus Rapid Transit Policy Center
- Promotes bus rapid transit (BRT) as an option to relieve congestion, enhance mobility, and improve the environment.
Bus Riders Union
- Los Angeles, CA organization that works to increase funding for inner city bus service. A Labor Community Strategy Center project.
- Committee for reopening of the SNCF Cannes-Grasse railway line, which would help relieve congestion and provide easier access for those without cars. French and English site.
CTA Citizens Taking Action
- A citizens advocacy group for transit dependent riders in the Chicago, IL metropolitan area.
Missouri-Kansas Rail Passenger Coalition
- Organization of concerned citizens working to develop a more balanced transportation system, taking into account economic, environmental and social factors. Downloadable flyer, sample letter, news, and fact sheet.
NAPTA-National Alliance of Public Transportation Advocates
- Organization representing local transit coalitions which support increasing federal investment in public transportation.
National Association of Railroad Passengers
- NARP is the national organization speaking for the users of passenger trains and rail transit in the United States.
National Taxi Association
- This is the official web site of the NTA- National Taxi Association Carlisle Uk England
Northstar Commuter Rail
- Operating by Metro Transit and will offer service from Big Lake to downtown Minneapolis in 2009. Includes brief history of the NCDA and brochure for commuters.
Passenger Transportation Energy
- Articles on energy-efficiency in passenger transportation in the US with emphasis on rail and mass-transit.
Penrith-Keswick Railway Project
- A project to reopen the Penrith-Keswick railway as a modern railway in England.
- Pennsylvanians for Transportations Solutions, Inc. advocates for increased dedicated funding for public transportation statewide in Pennsylvania.
- Articles about transportation issues, in particular arguing for privatization.
- A transit advocacy organization for the city of San Francisco. Advocates improved service and fewer driver missouts on San Francisco's trolleys, buses, and cable cars.
Save amtrak trains
- Save amtrak trains
Southern California Transit Advocates
- Works for better public transportation in the five county Southern California region, including an integrated bus and rail system.
The Straphangers Campaign
- A project of the New York Public Interest Research Group, the Straphangers Campaign advocates more service to ease overcrowding on New York's subways and buses.
The Transit Cooperative Research Program
- A branch of the Federal Transit Administration, this site provides the results of transit research in all areas related to public transit.
Washington Association of Rail Passengers
- Rail advocacy organization promoting Pacific Northwest rail transportation services. Working with Oregon, California, British Columbia for a modern national rail passenger network as part of a balanced public transportation system.
Usenet misc.transport.urban-transit -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 3, 2013 at 13:38:14 UTC -