become an editor
the entire directory
only in Transportation/Aviation
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Transportation: Aviation
Business: Transportation and Logistics: Aviation
Recreation: Travel: Transportation: Air
Science: Technology: Aerospace: Aeronautics
This category in other languages:
Air Transport Users Council
- Consumer watchdog for the airline industry in the United Kingdom. It advises air travellers on their rights, helps passengers obtain redress where they have been badly treated, and promotes the wider interests of airline passengers.
- News, a crash photo gallery, CVR recordings and transcripts, crash videos, special reports, and news archives.
- Dedicated to the subject of airline safety and seeks to provide a forum for the discussion of airline safety policies and issues.
- Provides useful information for the traveling public, including details of recent fatal accidents involving the major airlines of the world.
Angel Flight Central
- Medical and charity air transportation for reasons of compassion or community service. Donor and partner list, local chapters, areas covered, volunteer forms and links.
Aviation History of Southern California
- Profiles aviation accidents and early aviation history in the United States.
Civil Aviation Safety Authority, Australia
- A guide for airline passengers to help them fly safely.
Flying Safely on the Boeing 777
- Provides passengers with basic information about flying and air travel. Image gallery, FAQs guest book and links.
HowStuffWorks: How Black Boxes Work
- Illustrated narrative looks at the two types of black boxes, how they survive crashes and how they are retrieved and analyzed.
National Safe Skies Alliance
- An FAA-funded, non-profit, membership-based organization that serves aviation by providing impartial and effective testing and evaluation of safety and security systems.
Politics and Plane Crashes
- Describes a four-year investigation into three plane crashes TWA 800, Pan Am 103 and Air India 182. Introduces the "Plane Truth" book of the author.
NPR : Pondering Today's 'No-Fly' Objects
- Essayist Naomi Lewin ponders the variety of objects no longer deemed safe for carrying onboard a commercial airplane. [2:54 streaming audio broadcast] (December 12, 2004)
Usenet alt.disasters.aviation -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 8, 2009 at 1:07:46 UTC -