become an editor
the entire directory
only in Terrorist_Organizations/Hizballah
Games: Video Games: Shooter: S: Special Force
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Specific Conflicts: Middle East
Almashriq - Hizbullah the Party of God
- Official documents and sites, related documents, external resources, and Israeli government documents on Hizballah.
Council on Foreign Relations - Hezbollah
- Summary information on commonly asked questions about the Lebanese group including what it is, its origins, leaders, size and operating territory.
FAS - Hizballah (Party of God)
- Description, activities, strength, area of operation and external aid. Links to additional resources. From the Federation of American Scientists. USA.
Global Security.org - Hizballah / Hizbollah / Hizbullah / Hezbollah / Party of God
- Information about the Islamic resistance units founded after the Israeli military seizure of Lebanon in 1982, committed to the liberation of the occupied territories and the ejection of Israeli forces. Includes references.
Guardian Unlimited - Sharon's War Breathes New Life into Hizbullah
- Brian Whitaker explains how Israeli incursions into the occupied West Bank, and United States condemnations, have invigorated an organization that a year ago was virtually inactive, but is increasingly regarded in Lebanon as a resistance movement.
Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Terrorism from Lebanon
- Ongoing collection of articles about Lebanon and Hizbullah.
PBS - Frontline: Party of God
- Accompanying site for the May 2003 documentary about Hezbollah includes the video, synopsis, the group's history, interview with journalist David Lewis, links and resources.
Wikipedia - Hezbollah
- Hyperlinked encyclopedia article provides the history of the group along with its ideology, foreign relations, military and political branches.
BBC News - Analysis: Hezbollah's Big Gamble
- BBC Middle East analyst looks at the motives behind Hezbollah's actions and their possible consequences. (July 17, 2006)
Washington Post - Inside the Mind of Hezbollah
- Profile of Hasan Nasrallah, head of Hezbollah. (July 16, 2006)
BBC News - Interview: Hezbollah View of Crisis
- Barbara Plett interviews Mohammed Fneish, a Hezbollah member of Lebanese parliament. (March 04, 2004)
BBC News - Who are Hezbollah?
- Kathryn Westcott describes Hezbollah - or Party of God - as it emerged in Lebanon in the mid 1980s and became the region's leading Islamic fundamentalist group. (April 04, 2002)
Christian Science Monitor - Freedom Fighters or Terrorists?
- Lebanese of all stripes praise Hizbullah for ousting the Israeli army and say they're not terrorists. (November 14, 2001)
BBC News - Eyewitness: Meeting Hezbollah Fighters
- Hilary Andersson interviews Hezbollah fighters in southern Lebanon shortly before the Israeli withdrawal in 2000. (May 05, 2000)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 31, 2014 at 14:24:07 UTC -