become an editor
the entire directory
only in Osama_bin_Laden/News_and_Media
Osama bin Laden
News and Media
Society: Issues: Terrorism: News and Media
BBC News - Who is Osama Bin Laden?
- Biography of bin Laden, as well as information on terroristic acts he has been speculated to be involved in. UK.
CNN - War Against Terror: Osama bin Laden
- News and information about the al Qaeda leader. USA.
Guardian Unlimited: Bin Laden's Statement
- Translation of the videotaped statement.
Guardian Unlimited: Face to face with Osama
- Rahimullah Yusufzai. The thoughts of a Pakistani journalist who has interviewed both Osama bin Laden and Mullah Omar. UK.
Guardian Unlimited: The case for the prosecution
- Julian Borger in Washington and Ewen MacAskill. "Circumstantial evidence points to Bin Laden." UK.
Guardian.co.uk - Bin Laden May Become Our Nemesis
- 2001 article arguing that for the dispossessed, Bin Laden is the new Saladin, a born-again Muslim who discards foreign influences for cultural authenticity.
Guardian.co.uk - He Rarely Eats Meat but Likes to Go Hunting
- An interview with one of Osama bin Laden's wives, discussing his activities and personality, September 11 and life on the run.
Guardian: Bin Laden terror network active in 34 countries
- Ewen MacAskill, Richard Norton-Taylor and Julian Borger in Washington. "The enormity of the task facing the US and its allies...has been revealed in a report showing that his reach extends to 34 countries, including Britain."
Guardian: Bin Laden's infrastructure of fanaticism
- Jason Burke. "America's number one terrorist suspect has built up a formidable network dedicated to the Islamic fundamentalist cause."
Guardian: Bin Laden: the former CIA 'client' obsessed with training pilots
- Information about bin Laden and al-Qaida which emerged during the 2001 trial in New York for the bombing of two US embassies in east Africa in 1998.
Guardian: Finger of suspicion pointed at Saudi dissident Osama bin Laden
- Ewen MacAskill, Richard Norton-Taylor, David Pallister, Brian Whitaker and Rory McCarthy. "Intelligence sources say only one man was capable of mounting attack."
Guardian: No brother of mine
- Marcella Bombardieri. Interview with Osama's US-based brother Abdullah in the only interview given by a member of the Bin Laden family since September 11. UK.
Guardian: Taliban will not sacrifice Bin Laden
- Luke Harding in Kabul. "Half of my country has been destroyed by two decades of war. If the remaining half is also destroyed in trying to protect Mr Bin Laden, I'm willing for this sacrifice," Mullah Omar said.
Observer: Bin Laden and son: the grooming of a dynasty
- Jason Burke in Peshawar. About Osama Bin Laden, his son Muhammed, al-Zawahiri and other fighters. UK.
PBS Frontline: Hunting bin Laden
- Video clips and accompanying text from investigative documentaries on the suspected terrorist mastermind. USA.
Salon - Osama Bin Laden
- Collection of news, analysis and commentary about the al Qaeda leader. USA.
The Seattle Times: Osama bin Laden: from U.S. friend to foe
- The Associated Press and Knight-Ridder Newspapers. To fully understand how Osama bin Laden became a world-famous suspected terrorism mastermind and an America-hater, it is necessary to see how he became an Islamic "holy warrior."
Christian Science Monitor - How Osama bin Laden Got Away
- Day-by-day account of how Osama bin Laden eluded the world's most powerful military machine. (March 04, 2002)
BBC News - Hunt Hots up for Bin Laden
- American forces close in on the last strongholds of the al-Qaeda leader, reports BBC News. (November 28, 2001)
Cosmopolis - Osama bin Laden
- Swiss magazine provides a biography and analysis of binn Laden's terrorist activities. [English, French, German] (October 01, 2001)
Time: The Most Wanted Man In The World
- Lisa Beyer. In-depth history of Osama bin-Laden. USA. (September 24, 2001)
Taleban Chief Defends Bin Laden
- The Taleban's reclusive leader asserts Osama Bin Laden's innocence as Kabul braces for a retaliatory operation by the United States. (September 13, 2001)
TIME: How to Beat Bin Laden
- How Osama Bin Laden operates - and what it will take to defeat him (September 13, 2001)
The Washington Post: Osama bin Laden and His Group
- Background information about the Al Qaeda group and its leader. Timeline of presumed terrorist attacks. (GIF image, 51K) (September 13, 2001)
Centre for Research on Globalisation: Who Is Osama Bin Laden?
- Michel Chossudovsky. "The history of Osama Bin Laden and the links of the Islamic 'Jihad' to the formulation of US foreign policy during the Cold War and its aftermath." (September 12, 2001)
TIME Asia: Wrath of God: Osama bin Laden lashes out against the West
- Interview in which bin Laden denies direct responsibility for the 1998 bombings of two US embassies in Africa, but reiterates his call for all Muslims to protect themselves against Western infidels. (January 11, 1999)
News and Media
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 24, 2015 at 8:24:11 UTC -