become an editor
the entire directory
only in Terrorist_Organizations/Al-Qaida
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Terrorism: Terrorist Organizations: Al-Qaida
Osama bin Laden
Regional: Asia: Afghanistan: Society and Culture: Politics: Taliban Islamic Movement
Society: Issues: Terrorism: Incidents: September 11, 2001
Society: Issues: Terrorism: Incidents: US Embassy Bombings, 1998
Society: Issues: Terrorism: Incidents: USS Cole, 2000
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Specific Conflicts: Afghanistan Civil War: US Intervention: Search for Al-Qaida
This category in other languages:
Al Qaeda Training Manual
- Manual located by the Manchester (England) Metropolitan Police during a search of an Al Qaeda member's home. [PDF]
BBC News - In Depth: Investigating al-Qaeda
- Ongoing coverage including news, analysis and background information. Includes timeline, who's who, money trail, custody and trials.
BBC News: The Power of Nightmares
- January 2005 series explores the idea that the threat of an international terror network is a myth.
Blueprint - A Story of Al-Qaeda
- A document about Muslim terror and anti-Americanism, essentially based on rarely cited Arabic publications.
Council on Foreign Relations: al-Qaeda
- US non-partisan group presents a backgrounder on the terrorist organization.
FAS: al-Qa'ida (The Base)
- Description, activities, strength, area of operation and external aid. Links to additional resources. From the Federation of American Scientists. USA.
- Background on the terrorist network and details on attacks on US interests.
Guardian.co.uk - Al-Qaida
- Ongoing coverage of news, comment and analysis starting in 1996. Includes timeslines, related special reports and web resources.
MEMRI TV - Al Qaeda
- Videos about and produced by Al Qaeda compiled by the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI TV).
- Profile of Al Qaeda, its make up, alliances, structure, and goals.
Wikipedia - Al-Qaeda
- Hyperlinked encyclopedia article covers the group's ideology, history, organizational structure, attacks, regional and internet activities.
- Background information on al-Qaida and detailed profile about this organization, also information on known members and Osama bin Laden.
Mother Jones - The Wrong War
- How Bush's war in Iraq has fueled Al-Qaida and ignited its dream of global jihad. (July 01, 2004)
Frontline: The Man Who Knew
- When the Twin Towers fell on Sept. 11, 2001, among the thousands killed was the one man who may have known more about Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda than any other person in America: John O'Neill. This is his story and the story of how, while he worked at the FBI, he was thwarted by those who should have been his allies. Extensive materials about Al-Queda and what the US knew about the group at any given time. (October 03, 2002)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, October 13, 2012 2:46:35 PM EDT -