become an editor
the entire directory
only in September_11,_2001/Assistance
September 11, 2001
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Terrorism: Incidents: September 11, 2001: Assistance
Society: Issues: Fraud: Charities
Society: Philanthropy: Organizations
Society: Philanthropy: Volunteering
Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Hotlines
- Hotline for "Australians who have specific cause for concern".
- A yearly camp held to help support the children who lost parents or loved ones in the attacks. Funded by The Scott Hazelcorn Memorial Children's Foundation.
Education World: Teachers' Responses to Attacks
- Teachers and administrators share how they are helping students deal with the terrorist attacks.
- Provides guidelines and resources on how to emotionally survive and recover from the terrorist attack on September 11, 2001.
Guardian: Contact Information
- A list of links and hotlines for people seeking or exchanging information, including UK contacts.
Haiti Kombit USA
- An organization founded by Haitian Americans to aid World Trade Center Victims and their families.
Responding to Children
- Offers tips on understanding child behaviour and assisting children in response to the terrorist attacks.
Suffolk County SPCA
- Disaster relief funds for pets injured, stranded, orphaned and left homeless by the attack; 24 hour hotline to rescue pets stranded in the restricted zone; mobile animal hospital for search and rescue dogs at the World Trade Center. Accepting donations and volunteers to help.
Unity in America
- Learn about ways to get involved in the fight against hate. Covers tools for tolerance, resources on unity, helping victims, inspirational stories, and related links.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 31, 2013 at 12:01:56 UTC -