become an editor
the entire directory
only in September_11,_2001/Commemoration
September 11, 2001
One Year After
Society: Issues: Terrorism: Incidents: September 11, 2001: Arts
9-11 Sculpture Project: The Gates of Sorrow
- Presents plans for the construction of a 50 ton, forty-seven foot high sculpture with steel taken from the World Trade Center. Includes project details and photo gallery.
9/11 Memorial Project, Los Angeles
- Images and information on the permanent memorial exhibit at Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Hollywood Hills, CA. consisting of artifacts from the World Trade Center, Pentagon and the crash site of Flight 93.
American Catholic.org - Remembering 9/11
- Commemorate the anniversary of the September 11 terrorist attacks through prayer, working for peace, participating in a discussion board and sending a peace e-card.
Donadea 911 Memorial
- A scale replica of the New York Twin Towers in Donadea Forest Park, County Kildare, Ireland erected on behalf of Sean Tallon, an Irish-American firefighter. Downloadable brochure and links available.
Freedom Flight 911
- A free family kite flying event in tribute to those lost on 9/11.
- Information on a temporary memorial consisting of 3031 flags in Sandy, Utah, on September 11, 2002. Includes personal stories, photo galleries and video clips.
Only the Dead Know Fresh Kills
- Find the thoughts of veteran journalist Patrick Fenton.
pbase Photo Gallery: March 11, 2002: A Tribute In Light
- High-quality photographs of the tribute.
- The initiative of the World Peace organization in Australia hopes to have millions pledge to hug someone else on Sept. 11.
- Uses time-lapse photography to document the ongoing reconstruction of the World Trade Center site in New York City.
September 11 Garden Planned in London
- A garden will be created among existing lawns and trees in Grosvenor Square, Mayfair. The Guardian, UK.
Tribute In Light Images
- Flash movie of Tribute in Light in New York City in March-April 2002.
- Pictures of a 9-11 memorial created in front of the city hall in Sandy, Utah, and personal report by the photographer.
The New York Times: New York Region Special - September 11, Two Years Later
- Reflection and articles on the attacks focusing mainly on longer-term effects such as survivors' health, personal lives, documentaries of what happened, and transcripts and tapes of emergency personnel actions on that day. [Requires free nytimes.com registration to view.] (September 07, 2003)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 6, 2014 at 18:48:47 UTC -