become an editor
the entire directory
only in September_11,_2001/Background_and_History
September 11, 2001
Background and History
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Terrorism: Incidents: September 11, 2001: Background and History
Terrorists and Suspects
Society: Issues: Terrorism: Incidents: September 11, 2001: Analysis and Opinion: Alleged Coverups
Society: Issues: Terrorism: Incidents: US Embassy Bombings, 1998
Society: Issues: Terrorism: Incidents: USS Cole, 2000
Society: Issues: Terrorism: Terrorist Organizations: Al-Qaida
American RadioWorks - Witnesses to Terror
- Radio special presents highlights from the 9/11 Commission's hearings. Transcript available. [52 minute Realaudio broadcast]
National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States
- Commission chartered to prepare a full and complete account of the circumstances surrounding the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, including preparedness for and the immediate response to the attacks, and recommendations designed to guard against future attacks. Hearing schedules, press releases, reports, staff statements and archives with transcripts and videos of the public hearings.
NPR : The 9-11 Commission: An Audio Chronicle
- Audio testimony from the various public meetings and press conferences.
Online NewsHour: Investigating Pre-9/11 Readiness
- The 9-11 Commission's efforts are documented and commented upon.
The Road Through 9/11
- A detailed timeline of the day, a chronology from 1948 on that explores historic developments related to the attacks with focus on the Middle East, and links for related sites.
NPR : Judging the Impact: A Post 9-11 America
- Summary of major changes in the USA as a result of the 9/11 attacks. (July 16, 2004)
The New York Times: National Special - The 9/11 Report
- A Congressional investigation into the attacks, reported, analyzed, and commented upon. [Requires free nytimes.com registration to view.] (August 13, 2003)
President Names Kissinger to Lead 9/11 Commission
- Former Secretary of State Henry A. Kissinger is named chairman of an independent investigation into the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. A report on motives and reactions. New York Times, US. (November 27, 2002)
Background and History
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 4:15:04 PM EST -