become an editor
the entire directory
only in Biological_and_Chemical/Anthrax
Biological and Chemical
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Terrorism: Biological and Chemical: Anthrax
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Bacterial
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Zoonoses
Kids and Teens: Health: Conditions and Diseases: Anthrax
World: Español: Salud: Enfermedades: Infecciosas: Bacterianas: Ántrax
American Anthrax Outbreak of 2001
- Features an analysis of intentionally-spread anthrax in the United States. Includes chronology of the event, case studies, and related links.
Anthrax as a Biological Warfare Agent
- Information on bacillus anthracis, the use on anthrax in terrorist attacks, prevention and symptoms.
- Common sense information about anthrax. Includes a summary of public health recommendations and glossary, with links to quality information and lesson plans for teachers.
Anthrax News - Topix
- Latest news stories.
Anthrax Vaccine Immunization Program
- The Official DoD Anthrax Vaccine Immunization Program (AVIP) Web Site. Your definitive source for information about anthrax - the disease, the threat, the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine and the implementation of the Anthrax Vaccine Immunization Program. A reference guide for our troops, their families and friends to help understand the AVIP and its importance as a part of Total Force Health Protection.
Anthrax: Separating Fear from Fact
- From Time Magazine, latest information on anthrax and protection from anthrax.
Bacillus anthracis cell diagram
- Computer graphic of a bacillus anthracis cell (anthrax bacterium). Shows cell wall layers and capsule.
Bioterrorism Alleging Use of Anthrax and Interim Guidelines for Management
- 1998 report on bioterrorism reports and threats and CDC guidelines for handling them.
CDC Public Health Emergency Preparedness and Response: Anthrax
- Links to news releases and sites related to the disease as a biological weapon.
- Learn about anthrax, the latest form of bioterrorism. This article explains the different forms of anthrax, how they are transmitted, and treatment options available.
eMedicine Health - Anthrax
- Consumer health resource center providing information on the types of anthrax, symptoms, and treatment options.
eMedicine: Anthrax Infection
- Article by Hilarie Cranmer, MD.
Epidemiologic Notes and Reports Human Cutaneous Anthrax
- Case study of one incident in North Carolina, 1987.
- Includes a FAQ on the disease, its symptoms, treatment, and possible use as a terrorist weapon, and a diagram of the effects of inhaling anthrax spores.
- Directory of articles, fact sheets, and news releases.
Official CDC Bioterrorism Alert: Handling Anthrax Threats
- This contains the CDC's 2001-10-12 instructions on handling mail suspected of containing Anthrax, and the USPS' 2001-10-15 information on identifying Anthrax mail.
The Science of Terrorism
- The biology of anthrax
- World Health Organization fact sheet on this disease and information about the international organization's efforts to control it.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 20, 2013 at 8:54:12 UTC -