become an editor
the entire directory
only in China/Tibet
Regional: Asia: China: Tibet
Society: Issues: Human Rights and Liberties: Political Prisoners: Tibet
Society: Issues: Human Rights and Liberties: Regional: Asia: China: Tibet
This category in other languages:
Australia Tibet Council
- Campaigns for the right of the Tibetan people to decide their own future and for an end to violations of fundamental rights and freedoms. History of the issue, action alerts, how to get involved, membership information, news, and tips for those wanting to visit Tibet.
Canada Tibet Committee
- Tibetans and non-Tibetans concerned about human rights violations and lack of democratic freedom in Tibet. Action alerts, calendar of events, membership information, and a directory of Tibetan organizations in Canada.
Climb For Tibet
- Performs mountain climbs to raise money to build schools in Tibet and to support the rights of the Tibetan people. Peace messages, articles, news, mailing list.
Committee of 100 for Tibet
- Supports the Tibetan people and their struggle to regain control of their future. News, 10 reasons to support self-determination for Tibetans, and a list of committee members, which include Alice Walker, John Cleese, Philip Glass, and others.
- Campaigns for an end to the Chinese occupation of Tibet and for the Tibetans' human rights to be respected. Overview of the issue including a timeline, news, events, merchandise, contacts, and how to get involved. UK-based.
Friends of Tibet New Zealand
- Supports His Holiness the Dalai Lama's initiatives through lobbying, education, and refugee support. History of the issues, news, how to help, and information about the 5-point peace plan for Tibet.
The Gere Foundation
- Aims to alleviate suffering and help to restore autonomy to the people of Tibet. Includes a visual documentary on the issue, calendar of events, grant information, and postcard gallery.
Independent Tibet Network
- Supports Tibetans and Tibetan independence politically and financially. Information on the current situation and on how to donate.
International Campaign for Tibet (ICT)
- Promotes human rights and democratic freedoms for the people of Tibet. News, calendar of events, history of the issue, store, and how to get involved.
International Tibet Support Network (ITSN)
- Network of non-governmental organizations that works to end human rights violations in Tibet and to actively support the Tibetan people's right to determine their future rights. Lists campaigns and member organizations.
Khensur Rinpoche Monk Sponsorship Scheme
- A sponsorship organization for Tibetan Buddhist monks studying at Sera Je Monastery, India.
Los Angeles Friends of Tibet
- Helps preserve the Tibetan culture and supports the Tibetan people's non-violent struggle for independence and self-determination. Newsletters, calendar of events, how to help, facts about Tibet.
Santa Barbara Friends of Tibet
- Supports Tibetans and autonomy for Tibet through public education and events, helping Tibetan refugees, and contacting political leaders. Newsletter and information on events.
Tibet Justice Center
- Formerly known as the International Committee of Lawyers for Tibet. Advocates self-determination for the people of Tibet through legal action and education.
- Provides information about the plight of Tibet and serves as a virtual community space for the movement to end the suffering of the Tibetan people by returning the right of self-determination to the Tibetan people. History, support group directory, travel information, and news.
The Tibet Society and The Tibet Relief Fund of the UK
- Supports Tibet's right to self-determination, provides support to Tibetan refugees, and works to alleviate poverty experienced by Tibetans both in exile and inside Tibet. News, how to get involved with project such as sponsoring a Tibetan child, calendar of events.
Tibetan Centre for Human Rights and Democracy
- Investigates the human rights situation in Tibet, organizes educational programs, and promotes democracy within the Tibetan community. Photos, reports, human rights updates, and urgent action alerts.
Tibetan Children's Villages
- Works to make sure Tibetan children achieve a cultural identity and become self-reliant and contributing members of the community. Historical background, information about schools, news, how to help, and a documentary movie clip.
Tibetan Youth Congress
- Works for the restoration of complete independence for the whole of Tibet. Action alerts, history of the issue, and how to help.
- Volunteering opportunities serving the needs of the Tibetan community of Dharamsala, India. Search for placements and apply online. Includes local guide and cultural information about Tibet and Tibetans living in exile.
- Text of an open letter by Wei Jingsheng to Deng Xiaoping written in 1992 and criticising the Chinese government's policies in Tibet and its attitude to the Dalai Lama.
World Artists for Tibet
- Works to bring attention to the situation in Tibet through the work of artists.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 7, 2012 at 15:05:07 UTC -