become an editor
the entire directory
only in Internet/Organizations
Science and Technology
Computers: Internet: Organizations
Society: Issues: Human Rights and Liberties: Privacy: Advocacy Groups
Society: Issues: Science and Technology: Computers: Organizations
Association for Competitive Technology
- A trade association for computer software, hardware, consulting companies working to keep e-commerce unregulated. Links to news articles concerning Internet regulation of business. Has newsletter.
The Center for Democracy and Technology
- Works to promote democratic values and constitutional liberties in the digital age.
Center for Digital Democracy
- Works to the preserve and support an Internet environment that is open, diverse, and democratic. Includes action alerts, a citizen's guide to broadband, articles, and a mailing list.
Chicago-Kent College of Law: Center for Law and Computers
- Articles, documents, guidelines for use of the Internet. The main focus is the impact of information technology on the law.
Electronic Frontier Canada
- Organization working for privacy rights in Information Technology. Has mailing lists. Has links to articles about privacy and computers in Canada.
Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Organization working to protect privacy and freedom of expression on the Internet. Has up-to-date news on privacy related issues. Has internal search engine.
Electronic Frontiers Australia
- nonprofit formed in 1994 to protect and promote the civil liberties of users of computer based communications systems and of those affected by their use.
Electronic Privacy Information Center
- A public interest research center established in 1994 to focus public attention on emerging civil liberties issues and to protect privacy, the First Amendment, and constitutional values.
European Internet Foundation
- EIF helps shape European Union policy for e-commerce, e-democracy and the digital revolution. It is led by Members of the European Parliament, and supported by internet companies, academics and public bodies.
Global Internet Liberty Campaign
- An international organization of groups working for cyber-liberties, who are determined to preserve civil liberties and human rights on the Internet.
- Founded to educate the public, policy makers, and the media about technology-based social and political issues, and to promote access to and use of information technology as a tool for community organizing, outreach, and advocacy.
Online Policy Group
- Issue oriented group focused on access, privacy, safety, human rights. Has links to news archives. Updated frequently.
- An organization dedicated to exposing censorship on the Internet. Has news articles concerning blocking and filtering software; information about its legal battles; links to relevant sites. Info available for download.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 16:51:20 UTC -