become an editor
the entire directory
only in Computers/Government_Computerization
Science and Technology
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Science and Technology: Computers: Government Computerization
Business: Business Services: Government Contracting
Computers: Internet: Organizations: Standards
Computers: Internet: Policy
Computers: Software: Educational
Society: Issues: Government Operations
Society: Law: Legal Information: Computer and Technology Law
Corporation for National Research Initiatives (CNRI)
- Organization which undertakes, fosters, and promotes research in the public interest. The activities center around strategic development of network-based information technologies.
David Fletcher's Government Technology Weblog
- News and information relating to the use of technology in government.
- Information technology developments in Republic of Belarus
E-Government Briefing Book
- Series of articles collected by U.S. Congressional Internet Caucus regarding electronic governance. Topics include: workforce issues, cost structures, privacy, security, interoperability, records management, permanent availability and preservation, access, and intergovernmentalism (local/state/federal/international)
European Union - eGovernment
- News and information about the eGovernment policy and support programmes in the EU. Includes research, good practice, implementation, studies, funding, conferences and library.
Government Computer News
- Periodical and website providing government computing news.
Government Promotion of Open Source Software
- Paper which explains the open source concept and attempts to show how government can use open source as a vehicle for promoting economic development.
- 1st International Conference on Methodologies, Technologies and Tools enabling e-Government. Camerino, Italy; 27–28 September 2007.
OECD e-Government Project
- Information from the OECD on how governments can better use IT to achieve good governance principles and deliver policy.
Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act (2000) - Commentary
- A summary of the incursions into civil liberties of the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act (RIPA), which was passed in the UK in July 2000. This includes intrusion into private and other electronic communications.
U.S. Federal IT Accessibility Initiative
- Repository for information about Section 508, established to prohibit barriers in information technology and present new opportunities and promises for people with disabilities. This law impacts upon electronic and information technology purchased by the U.S. federal government.
United Nations Public Administration Programme
- Global surveys and resources from the United Nations readiness of governments in implementing IT initiatives.
- Semimonthly publication for government systems integrators.
Whitehouse Engage and Connect
- Participative eGovernment initiative fostered by President Barack Obama.
a-z of e-government
- A resource of information about e-government - mainly from the UK perspective. Includes links and information from local councils, central government, academic institutions, health service, independent think tanks and the private sector.In other words a joined up resource.
- Latest news and commentary from the Guardian newspaper on government use of technology and e-Government developments.
eGovernment Resource Centre
- Provides information and links to articles from Victoria, Australia and around the world on egovernment and government website best practice examples.
CNET.com: Governments push open-source software
- Concerned with costs and dependency, legislators from Brazil to China are increasingly considering open-source software. (August 29, 2001)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, April 20, 2013 1:28:06 AM EDT -