become an editor
the entire directory
only in Genetics/Activism
Science and Technology
Science: Science in Society
Society: Issues: Environment: Activism
Society: Philosophy: Ethics: Applied: Bioethics: Genetic Engineering
Californians for GE-Free Agriculture
- Provides education and resources in support of the rights of farmers and communities to evaluate and address the environmental, human health, and economic risks of genetic engineering in agriculture.
Friends of the Earth: Genetically Modified Food
- UK national campaign outlines its aims, concerns about genetically engineered foods, a shopper's guide and an action plan.
- Supports discussions against genetic engineering.
Genetic Engineering and Its Dangers
- Large links list to general, ethical and technical information about the dangers of genetic engineering in general and its use in food production, biowarfare and human beings.
- From urban75, "one of the UK's busiest online magazines". Includes a large list of contacts and links to further information.
- Concerned with the ethics and risks of genetic engineering. Fact sheets, publications and a database of GM crops and foods. (Please note that GeneWatch UK should not be confused with The Council for Responsible Genetics in the USA which publishes a newsletter called GeneWatch.)
- Regions and people in Europe have declared themselves "GMO-free" expressing their commitment not to allow the use of genetically modified organisms in the agriculture and food in their territories. Information about their conferences, news, discussion documents, and a list of every country.
Organic Consumers Association
- For the labeling of genetically engineered or biotech or GMO or Novel food, and encouraging organic food and pesticide reduction. A clearinghouse for activists.
Say No to GMOs
- Focuses on grassroots education, activities, and resources in Texas for consumer choice regarding genetically modified food. Includes news, a list of foods to avoid, an HEB letter campaign, and a list of activities and events.
Wholesome Goodness Productions
- Links, resources and videos about industrial agriculture, biotechnology and sustainable alternatives. They're fed up!
People Worldwide Grappling with Genetic Manipulation
- People in the Orient, the Southern Hemisphere, and Europe have been refusing to have genetically-altered crops in their soil. (December 10, 1998)
- Jeremy Rifkin applies for patent on human gene scrambling to prevent anyone doing it for 20 years. (July 01, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 21, 2015 at 7:45:04 UTC -