become an editor
the entire directory
only in Biotechnology/Cloning
Science and Technology
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Science and Technology: Biotechnology: Cloning
This category in other languages:
Americans to Ban Cloning
- Group of Americans promoting a global, comprehensive ban on human cloning.
- Offers to clone humans.
Cloned embryos 'could treat leukaemia'
- Human tissue could be cloned to help children with leukaemia, a scientist predicts. [BBC News]
- Coverage by the Washington Post.
Dolly cloning method patented
- The first patents for cloning have been issued to the researchers who created Dolly the sheep. [BBC News]
Ethicists Query Dolly Patents
- The issuing of the first patents for cloning have fueled the debate over the "ownership" of important medical technologies. [BBC News]
Genetic Engineering and Cloning
- Gives information and debate positions, both for and against.
- An entertaining and informative look at the science behind Dolly, from the Why Files at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
HowStuffWorks: How Human Cloning Will Work
- Describes the process that could be used to clone humans, why some want to clone themselves and the controversy surrounding cloning. Also discusses therapeutic cloning.
Scientists Produce Five Pig Clones
- The first pig clones are created, bringing the transplantation of animal organs into humans much closer. [BBC News]
- Nuclear transfer--used to clone Dolly--may help scientists develop more potent stem-cell therapies. [Scientific American] (June 21, 1999)
Send in the Clones
- Using a new technique, scientists have cloned clones from clones. [Scientific American] (July 27, 1998)
- Jessica Matthews looks at the realities of cloning after the dust has settled after the Dolly announcement. [Washington Post] (March 03, 1997)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 20, 2013 at 18:54:07 UTC -