the entire directory
only in Race-Ethnic-Religious_Relations/Race_and_Racism
Race and Racism
Supremacy and Separatism
Science: Social Sciences: Ethnic Studies
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: Civil Rights Movement
Society: History: By Time Period: Twentieth Century: Wars and Conflicts: World War II: By Country: United States: Relocation and Internment
Society: Issues: Race-Ethnic-Religious Relations: Hate: Watch Groups
Society: Issues: Terrorism: Incidents: September 11, 2001: Backlash
How Race Is Lived in America
- Series of New York Times articles based on the premise that race relations are being defined less by political action than by daily experience. Includes archival articles and Web resources list. [Free registration required.]
All Look Same
- Tests the reader's ability to identify people by Asian descent in 18 individual photographs.
Black People Love Us
- Satire by Chelsea and Jonah Peretti describes a fictional white couple and their flubbed attempts to relate to blacks. Includes viewer letters.
FAIR Issue Area - Race and Racism
- Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting project to monitor and combat the media's marginalization, misrepresentation and exclusion of people of color in both the news and the newsroom.
Jewish comic bars 'Palestinian' warm-up
- Describing how comedian Jackie Mason refused to allow an American Vietnam veteran to perform an opening act for his show, because the performer happened to be Palestinian.
Jim Crow Museum of Racist Memorabilia
- A careful examination of racist stereotypes of African-Americans throughout history including research papers and photos of racist objects.
Literature on Race, Ethnicity and Multiculturalism
- Links and annotated bibliography.
Over 200 Facts Related to Racial Issues
- This site contains over two hundred facts on racial issues such as discrimination, income differences, affirmative action, education, slavery, media, politics and violence among other topics.
The Press And Lynching Of African Americans
- A scholarly examination of the lynching epidemic of the early 20th century and how the press reacted to it.
Race and History
- A community of volunteers committed to social development. Includes articles and links.
Race Relations, About.com Guide
- Includes discussions, articles, links and other resources.
Racism and Race in American Law
- Considering the intersection between racism and race with American law, and the role of the law in promoting or alleviating racism.
- The story of a mixed race daughter and the white mother who gave her up for adoption. Discussion boards, audio of racial issues, and links to search for your family history.
Teaching to make a difference
- The sites general aim is to support and provide educational material to teach about issues relating to tolerance and intolerance, the Holocaust, Human Rights, diversity and multi-culturalism.
The Biology of Skin Color
- Researchers suggest that differences in skin color arose to balance the body's use of sunlight and vitamins. (February 01, 2000)
Race and Racism
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 11, 2015 at 9:47:20 UTC -