become an editor
the entire directory
only in Property_Rights/Forfeiture
Society: Issues: Health: Drugs: Illegal: War on Drugs
Forfeiture Endangers American Rights Foundation
- FEAR is an American nonprofit organization dedicated to reform of federal and state asset forfeiture laws to restore due process and protect property rights in the forfeiture process.
American RadioWorks : Corrections Inc.
- The war on drugs took off when police agencies got a new incentive to chase drug offenders: the ability to keep cash and vehicles seized in drug operations. Critics say asset forfeiture skews police priorities by giving them a monetary stake in the war on drugs. Read, Listen (Real Audio, 19:30 min)
Justice Management Division: Asset Forfeiture Program
- The primary asset forfeiture pages of the US Department of Justice.
Steven L. Kessler
- Online articles, from an attorney and author with expertise in RICO and forfeiture.
U.S. Marshals Service: Asset Forfeiture Program
- The US Marshals Service explains the goals and benefits of the asset forfeiture program.
Liberty, Attainder, Bills of Attainder & the Constitution
- Includes information relating the prohibition of Bills of Attainder to asset forfeiture. (May 12, 2000)
Drug loot fuels drug war
- A series of articles on forfeiture by the Standard Times newspaper of SouthCoast, MA. Very balanced, providing views from both sides of this issue. (August 08, 1999)
Reforming Property Forfeiture Laws to Protect Citizens' Rights
- A study of asset forfeiture by the Macinac Center, which concludes nine specific reforms are necessary to reduce the unfairness and abuses of the present system. (January 01, 1998)
Bill Of Attainder Project
- A civil liberties organization started by the Libertarian Party of Oklahoma, which contacts political activists, organizations and others to oppose forfeiture. (December 01, 1997)
Introduction to "Your House is Under Arrest"
- Excerpt from book about how police can seize you home, car and business without a trial and how to protect yourself, by Brenda Grantland. (June 01, 1993)
American Forfeiture Law: Property Owners Meet the Prosecutor
- A Policy Analysis from the Cato Institute that discusses the history of forfeiture and how it has enhanced the power of government over people and their property in ways that are difficult to reconcile with long-cherished constitutional rights. (September 29, 1992)
Usenet misc.legal.moderated -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 3, 2015 at 6:05:06 UTC -