become an editor
the entire directory
only in Poverty/Welfare
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Poverty: Welfare
Articles and Reports
Society: Work: Rethinking Work
Administration for Children and Families Office of Family Assistance
- The federal agency that administers the federal government's primary welfare program, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
Almanac of Policy Issues: Welfare
- Background information and links on the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program and U.S. federal welfare policy generally.
Joint Center for Poverty Research
- A national and interdisciplinary research institute that examines what it means to be poor in America. Features academic research written for a lay audience on a variety of topics, including welfare programs, education, health, housing, employment, and crime.
- Multiple reports regarding welfare and welfare reform from this nonprofit, nonpartisan social policy research organization
National Center for Law and Economic Justice
- Works with and on behalf of low-income people to ensure that adequate income support -- public funding provided on the basis of need -- is available whenever and to the extent necessary to meet basic needs and foster healthy human and family development.
Social Policy: Welfare, Society and the State
- Social policy is the study of the welfare state, and the range of responses to social need. This is a brief introduction to the subject.
- Policy think tank that tracks welfare, Social Security, Medicare, and other domestic policy issues.
Welfare Rights Advocacy Pages
- Addresses the failures of the social service system and offers advice for struggling clients.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 24, 2013 at 20:41:19 UTC -