become an editor
the entire directory
only in Regional/United_States
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Politics: Issues
Society: Philanthropy: Hunger Relief: Food Banks: United States
Almanac of Policy Issues: Food and Nutrition
- Background information and links on U.S. domestic hunger policy, including programs like WIC, food stamps, school lunch, and school breakfast programs.
Coalition on Human Needs: Food and Nutrition Issues
- Background information, legislative analyses, status reports on pending bills, and links on the food and nutrition issues from the Coalition on Human Needs, a coalition of major U.S. anti-poverty organizations.
Domestic Food Security and Hunger Briefing Room
- Reports and measurement tools on the topic of food security and hunger in the United States, from USDA.
Feinstein Center for a Hunger Free America
- The Hunger Center is a partnership between the University of Rhode Island and the Feinstein Foundation dedicated to bringing the issue of hunger to the forefront of America's consciousness.
Food Research and Action Center (FRAC)
- National anti-hunger organization that lobbies on behalf of Food Stamps, the Women Infants and Children (WIC) program, and other federal food and nutrition programs.
Great American Bake Sale
- Program to end child hunger. Includes events.
Kids Can Make A Difference
- An educational program for middle- and high school students that focuses on the root causes of hunger and poverty, the people most affected, solutions, and how students can help.
National Center for Children in Poverty (NCCP)
- Uses demographic research and program and policy analyses to identify and promote strategies that reduce young child poverty and that improve the lives of poor young children. "There are over 14 million children living in poverty in the United States. More than 5 million of them are under age six. The young child poverty rate is significantly higher in the United States than in other Western industrialized nations."
Utahns Against Hunger
- Works to eliminate hunger in Utah through expansion of child nutrition programs, implementation of public policy, working with emergency food pantries, providing information and assisting people with food stamp problem resolution.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 10, 2014 at 0:18:20 UTC -