become an editor
the entire directory
only in Poverty/Hunger
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Poverty: Hunger
Hunger Relief Organizations
Society: Issues: Children, Youth and Family
Society: Issues: Economic
Society: Issues: Global: Aid and Development
This category in other languages:
Readings on Poverty, Hunger, and Economic Development
- Presents a coherent picture about the amount of food in the world, the role it plays in a capitalist economy, why people are poor, and what measures can be taken to eliminate poverty and hunger.
World Hunger Notes
- An on-line magazine about world hunger and poverty in the United States published by World Hunger Education Service
Action Against Hunger - USA
- USA part of an international humanitarian network called Action Against Hunger.
Bread for the World
- Bread for the World stands in a long biblical and prophetic tradition of those who speak out boldly in defense of people who are poor, hungry and consigned to the margins of society. People of faith and conscience have long engaged in the struggle for a more just world. They have fought for the abolition of slavery, for an end to nuclear proliferation and for the respect of human dignity and freedom.
Congressional Hunger Center
- A non-profit anti-hunger leadership training and a bi-partisan organization, serves as a center where the anti-hunger community can discuss creative solutions to end domestic and international hunger, located in Washington, DC.
Environmental Literacy Council: Food and Hunger
- Articles critical of agribusiness, pesticides, and genetically engineered plants.
Food Dumping (or Aid) Maintains Poverty
- Looks at the effects of food aid to developing countries in non-emergency situations. Additional links, articles and research are provided, including links.
Food First/Institute for Food and Development Policy
- Food First/The Institute for Food and Development Policy is an education-for-action center and non-profit think tank focusing on issues of hunger, food, poverty, agriculture, trade, and rural development, guided by the principle that food is a fundamental human right.
The Hunger Site
- Includes facts as well as a form for making donations.
Hunger: Myths and Realities
- Contains myths about world hunger and their respective truths.
- Learn about hunger from the point of view of those who experience it every day. HungerBanquet.org is part of Oxfam's Fast for a World Harvest campaign, which raises awareness and funds to fight poverty world hunger.
- Nonprofit, grassroots citizen's lobby working to create the political will to end hunger and the worst aspects of poverty, and committed to having individual citizens have a breakthrough in realizing their own personal and political power.
UNICEF: The State of the World's Children 1998
- Overviews the scale of malnutrition and causes, lists solutions, gives a scientific role, and provides statistical tables .
- Feeds the hungry without exploiting animals.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 5, 2014 at 2:31:34 UTC -