the entire directory
only in Issues/Poverty
End of Poverty
Facts and Statistics
Society: Issues: Economic
Society: Issues: Global: Aid and Development
Society: People: Requesting Help
Society: Philanthropy: International Aid and Development
Society: Philanthropy: Organizations
This category in other languages:
"Poverty" A Subject
- Measures controlling poverty linked to the suitability of the country, as reasons of poverty changes due to social conditions of the country.
- Large global anti-poverty agency, working with world's poorest people in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Based in South Africa.
Almanac of Policy Issues: Social Welfare
- Comprehensive links and background information on poverty, hunger, welfare, homelessness, housing, seniors issues, and other social welfare issues.
Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP)
- A national non-profit organization which seeks to improve the economic security of low-income families with children and secure access for low-income persons to the civil justice system.
Center on Business and Poverty
- An IRP initiative to support and disseminate research into ways in which businesses can help improve the long-term economic stability and well-being of their low-income employees.
Children Helping Children
- Promotes the needs of the young in third world by raising money to educate and house them, plus give them a purpose in life.
Cornell University: Poverty, Inequality and Development
- Research papers and other materials on poverty from Cornell University faculty and graduate students.
End Child Poverty
- Campaign to end child poverty by 2020. Facts about child poverty, information about the campaign and participating organizations.
Fighting Poverty, One Business at a Time.
- The Trickle Up Program is an international non-profit organization dedicated to reducing poverty by providing low-income people around the world with the opportunity to create their own micro-enterprises.
Global Truth and Reconciliation 911
- Aims to help the impoverished in the world by raising awareness among the more affluent, reducing demand for unnneeded goods, and rechanneling aid to help the poor help themselves.
The Guardian - Poverty Matters Blog
- Group blog about the causes, associated issues and development efforts regarding poverty worldwide. In partnership with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Institute for Research on Poverty
- Information about the institute, explanations of poverty measures, research, and links. One of two national poverty research centers designated by the US Department of Health and Human Services.
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Background information and links on the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), and other low-income energy issues. From the Almanac of Policy Issues.
- An on-line news service dedicated to providing in-depth coverage of issues affecting low and no income communities nationally and internationally.
Poverty and Race Research Action Council
- PRRAC fosters and supports collaborations among researchers and advocates effectively addressing problems faced by people living at the intersection of poverty and race.
- See a brief, simple display about world poverty. Animated maps show how often people die of hunger, AIDS, malaria, and preventable diseases.
- Information about welfare and housing laws and resources in British Columbia, Canada. Provides links to other anti-poverty organizations and resources in Canada and internationally.
Public Private Ventures
- A national nonprofit devoted to youth development, mentoring, youth violence reduction, faith-based programs, national service and volunteering, and workforce development.
- A British organisation whose aim is to generate the political will to end hunger and poverty by lobbying MPs, letter-writing and media work.
- An independent, nonprofit institute dedicated to developing effective, sustainable, and locally based solutions to global poverty, especially in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Synergos University for a Night 1999
- Archived proceedings of the May 27, 1999 conference discussing plans to reduce global poverty. Lists sponsors, recommendations, excerpts from the plenary session, and possible future events.
World Bank PovertyNet
- Information about poverty, its assessment, its impacts, and initiatives to reduce poverty internationally. Includes a special collection of the "literature of poverty."
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 30, 2015 at 3:24:04 UTC -