the entire directory
only in Issues/Policy_Institutes
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Policy Institutes
Science: Social Sciences: Economics: Institutes
Science: Social Sciences: Political Science: Institutes
Science: Social Sciences: Political Science: Organizations
Society: Politics: Organizations
- Promotes a free society informed by religious faith and moral absolutes.
The Allegheny Institute for Public Policy
- Pennsylvania-based Conservative think tank devoted to local issues.
The American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research
- AEI is dedicated to preserving and strengthening the foundations of freedom--government, private enterprise, vital cultural and political institutions, and a strong foreign policy and national defense.
American Foreign Policy Council
- Non-profit organization dedicated to bringing information to those who make or influence the foreign policy of the United States and to assisting world leaders, particularly in the former USSR and Asia, with building democracies and market economies.
Anderson Economic Group
- Provides public policy analysis for private, public and government sectors.
Applied Information Resources
- A non-profit, public policy research and community information organization dedicated to citizen education on public issues.
The Arab American Institute
- Provides leadership training and strategies in electoral politics and policy issues that concern Arab Americans.
- International nonprofit dedicated to fostering enlightened leadership and open-minded dialogue through seminars, policy programs, conferences and leadership development initiatives.
Atlantic Institute for Market Studies
- Canadian think tank.
The Beacon Hill Institute for Public Policy Research
- BHI is a free-market think tank based in Suffolk University Boston, MA. It studies the public policy areas of state tax policy, privatization, welfare reform, compassion tax credits, regulatory reform and other areas from a market perspective.
- A conservative think tank that publishes research on public policy, church and state, education, law, and history.
- An independent research and policy institute. Web site contains briefing papers, analyses, and other resources related to many current political issues.
- Improving the lives of all Ohioans by promoting free market ideas and limited government.
C.D. Howe Institute
- Canadian economic and social policy think tank.
The Calvert Institute for Policy Research
- A non-partisan, educational institution dedicated to the research and propagation of solutions to Maryland state and local public-policy concerns based upon the principles of free markets and personal responsibility.
Canada West Foundation
- Aims at bringing Western perspectives to Canadian policy debates.
Canadian Foundation for the Americas (FOCAL)
- FOCAL is an independent, non-governmental organization dedicated to deepening and strengthening Canada's relations with countries in Latin America and the Caribbean through policy discussion and analysis.
Carey Center for Democratic Capitalism
- Works to educate students, citizens, and leaders in the fundamentals upon which the American republic was constructed - democracy and capitalism.
Carnegie Council on Ethics and International Affairs
- A nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to research and education at the nexus of ethics and international affairs. Provides speech transcripts, articles, reviews and other materials on a variety of subjects.
The Carter Center
- A nonprofit public policy center founded by Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter to fight disease, hunger, poverty, conflict, and oppression around the world.
Cascade Policy Institute
- Oregon based free market think tank.
- Promoting public policy based on individual liberty, limited government, free markets, and peaceful international relations. Thousands of studies and articles available online as well as streaming audio and video of institute events. Site updated daily.
Center for Economic and Policy Research
- Nonprofit, nonpartisan research center that seeks to promote democratic debate on important economic and social issues.
Center for National Policy
- Non-profit, non-partisan public policy organization located in Washington, DC. Contributes to policy debates on issues of U.S. national interest including economic analysis, equal opportunity, community studies and foreign policy.
Center for Public Justice
- A Christian independent civic education and public policy research organization
The Center for Public Leadership
- The Center for Public Leadership (John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University) seeks to improve the practice of leadership and citizenship, through research, education and outreach. The Center aims to strengthen the positive effect of those engaged in improving the quality of public life.
Center for Public Policy Priorities
- A non-partisan research organization committed to improving public policies and private practices that influence the economic and social prospects and conditions of individuals, families, and communities.
Center for Retirement Research
- Organization established in 1998 dedicated to the research and dissemination of retirement policy issues as well as to widening access to related data sources.
The Center for Strategic & International Studies
- A public policy research institution dedicated to analysis and policy impact. CSIS is the only institution of its kind that maintains resident experts on all the world's major geographical regions. It also covers key functional areas, such as international finance, U.S. domestic and economic policy, and U.S. foreign policy and national security issues.
The Center for the Advancement of Capitalism
- Public policy institute dedicated to advancing individual rights and economic freedom throughout America. The Center's philosophical defense of business and profit-making, and opportunities for activism.
Center for the Study of Islam & Democracy (CSID)
- A non-profit think tank dedicated to studying the relationship between Islam and democracy.
Center of the American Experiment
- A conservative think tank in Minnesota, focusing in improving education, strengthening free market economy and reducing poverty and crime.
Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- The Center is a research institute that conducts analyses on government policies and programs.
Centre for Community Study
- A Canadian public policy centre looking at urban and community issues.
The Centre for Independent Studies
- Australia-based policy institute which emphasizes the role of the free market in an open society and other voluntary processes in providing many of the goods and services normally supplied by the compulsory methods of government.
- A website for discerning radicals interested in developing practical policies for a human scale world from the writings of Leopold Kohr, E.F.Schumacher, John Seymour and John Papworth.
Citizens Research Council of Michigan
- A privately funded, not-for-profit public affairs research organization.
Civitas: the Institute for the Study of Civil Society
- A British educational charity and publisher specializing in health, education, welfare, economics and the renewal of civil society.
The Claremont Institute
- The mission of the Claremont Institute is to restore the principles of the American Founding to their rightful, preeminent authority in our national life.
The Club of Rome
- Non-profit, international think tank; information about research areas and methodology, activities, publication archive, organizational information, and related links.
Committee for Economic Development
- CED is an independent, non-profit, nonpartisan public policy organization comprised of business and academic leaders dedicated to researching important economic and social issues.
- The Commonweal Institute is a think tank and communications organization bringing positive progressive and moderate messages to the public, to build widespread support for the issues progressives and moderates care about.
The Commonwealth Foundation
- An independent, non-profit, non-partisan, free-market public policy organization based in Pennsylvania which promotes the principles of limited government, economic freedom, and individual responsibility.
Community Services Council - Newfoundland and Labrador
- A social development, research, planning and service organization, dedicated to citizen engagement and the promotion of volunteerism.
Competitive Enterprise Institute
- A non-profit public policy organization dedicated to the principles of free enterprise and limited government. Believes that consumers are best helped not by government regulation but by being allowed to make their own choices in a free marketplace.
Council for Emerging National Security Affairs
- Seeks to become the premier venue for virtual collaboration in addressing emerging national security affairs and policy renewal.
Council on Hemispheric Affairs
- Encourages the formulation of rational and constructive U.S. policies towards Latin America.
- A non-profit, non-partisan public-policy center headquartered in Seattle, WA and focusing on national and international issues.
- An independent institute promoting free-market economics and a strong Greek presence in international politics.
Edmund G. "Pat" Brown Institute of Public Affairs
- A non-partisan policy center collaborating with community organizations, public officials, business and labor, and schools and universities to offer programs on community development and family empowerment.
Entertainment Industries Council, Inc.
- EIC's mission is to lead the entertainment industry in bringing its power and influence to bear on health and social issues.
Ethan Allen Institute Home Page
- Vermont's free-market public policy research and education organization - a "think tank" for issues affecting Vermonters.
Ethics and Public Policy Center
- Seeks to clarify and reinforce the bond between the Judeo-Christian moral tradition and the public debate over domestic and foreign policy issues. Its program includes research, writing, publication, and conferences. Located in Washington, DC.
European Jewish Congress
- A federation of national Jewish communities in Europe.
Evergreen Freedom Foundation
- Advancing individual liberty, free enterprise and responsible government in Washington State and nationwide. Teachers vs. unions, health and welfare reform, the Taxpayer's Titanic.
- Canadian free market think tank.
Free Congress Foundation
- A politically and culturally conservative think tank whose main focus is on the Culture War.
The George C. Marshall Institute
- Information on science and public policy issues (e.g. global warming, defense technology) for students, teachers, scientists, the media and lawmakers.
Georgia Public Policy Foundation
- A nonprofit, nonpartisan research and education foundation dedicated to keeping all Georgians informed about their government. Believes in limited government, private enterprise and individual responsibility.
Georgian Foundation for Strategic and International Studies
- The Georgian Foundation for Strategic and International Studies (GFSIS) is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to helping improve public policy decision-making in Georgia through research and analysis, training of policymakers and policy analysts, and public education.
- Swiss firm which conducts research, policy analysis, and advocacy on trade, development, environment, and other aspects of international cooperation. Areas of activity, background information, and news releases available in English; additional content available in German.
- Independent research and educational organization studying public policy. Research papers, editorials, and policy briefings advocate policy founded on principles of limited government, economic freedom and individual responsibility. Topics include health care, privatization, education.
Grassroot Institute of Hawaii
- A public policy think tank providing detailed study, analysis, investigation and reporting on the impact on the individual citizen by government and its procedures and departments in Hawaii.
- Chicago based think tank promoting public policy based on individual liberty, limited government, and free markets.
- A conservative think tank that publishes research on domestic, economic, foreign and defense policy.
- A think tank on the campus of Stanford University, dedicated to research in domestic policy and international affairs, committed to generating ideas that define a free society.
- A public policy research organization that forecasts trends and develops solutions for governments, businesses and the public. Addresses domestic and international policy issues.
- A non-partisan, non-profit public policy research organization established upon the eternal truths of the Declaration of Independence and dedicated to providing timely information to concerned citizens, government officials, and public opinion leaders.
The Independent Institute
- A nonprofit, scholarly research and educational organization which sponsors comprehensive studies on political economy.
Institute for American Values
- The Institute for American Values, founded in 1987, is a private, nonpartisan organization devoted to contributing intellectually to the renewal of marriage and family life and the sources of competence, character, and citizenship.
Institute for Global Excellence (InstiGlobe)
- Think tank and charity dedicated to solving economic, social, education, technology, and governance issues.
Institute for Liberty and Democracy
- The mission of the Peru based institute is to assist developing and former Soviet nations in the transition to a modern market economy that actually gives those who have been locked out of the system a stake in the economy.
Institute for Policy Studies
- A "think tank" for progressive research and action to create a more responsible society built around the values of justice, nonviolence, sustainability, and decency.
Institute for Women's Policy Research
- A non-profit organization dedicated to researching policy issues of critical importance for women. IWPR's policy areas include poverty and welfare, family and work, health care and domestic violence, and employment.
Institute of Economic Affairs
- The IEA is the UK's original free-market think-tank, founded in 1955.
Institute of Science, Technology and Public Policy
- Founded at Maharishi University of Management in Fairfield, Iowa, to identify, scientifically evaluate, and implement through public policy, promising new technologies and programs that offer practical solutions to problems facing the United States.
International Center for Peace and Development
- The ICPD conducts research projects on a wide range of issues concerning global security, conversion of resources from military to civilian purposes, food security, employment, economic development, and the environment.
International Relations Center
- A nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide information and analysis that increase social and economic justice throughout the world.
The International Research and Exchanges Board
- A US-based nonprofit organization committed to international education in academic research, professional training and technical assistance.
INURA - International Network for Urban Research and Action
- Network of people involved in action and research in urban areas, on issues such as social exclusion, community-led environmental schemes, and social housing.
Iowa Public Interest Research Group
- Iowa PIRG is a nonprofit public interest organization dedicated to preserving the environment, protecting consumers and holding government accountable to the public interest. Located in Des Moines, Iowa.
Israel Center for Social & Economic Progress
- An independent pro-market public policy think tank since 1984.
The James Madison Institute
- A Florida-based public policy research organization dedicated to promoting economic freedom, limited government, federalism, traditional values, the rule of law, and individual liberty coupled with individual responsibility
The John M. Ashbrook Center for Public Affairs
- An academic forum for the study, research and discussion of the principles and practices of American constitutional government and politics.
Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies
- A U.S. national, nonprofit institution that conducts research on public policy issues of special concern to African Americans.
The Josiah Bartlett Center for Public Policy
- A New Hampshire-based think tank.
Levy Economics Institute
- The Levy Economics Institute of Bard College is a research organization devoted to public service, generating public policy responses to important economic problems that profoundly affect the quality of life in the United States and abroad.
The Locke Institute
- An independent, non-partisan educational and research organization. Named for the philosopher and political theorist John Locke (1632-1704), the Institute ascribes to his theory that society is based on natural law and that the individual is the ultimate source of political sovereignty.
Mackinac Center for Public Policy
- A nonpartisan research and educational organization devoted to improving the quality of life for all Michigan citizens by promoting sound solutions to state and local policy questions.
- A nonpartisan, independent research and educational organization, the Institute's goal is to develop and encourage public policies at all levels of government which will allow individuals the greatest scope for achieving their potential, both as participants in a productive economy and as members of a functioning society.
Manpower Demonstration Research Corporation
- A nonprofit, nonpartisan social policy research organization dedicated to learning what works to improve the well-being of low-income people.
- Information on science and public policy issues (e.g. global warming, defense technology).
Massachusetts Institute for a New Commonwealth
- MassINC is public policy think tank promoting the growth and vitality of the middle class. They produce periodic research reports, conduct public events and publish a quarterly magazine of Massachusetts policy and politics called CommonWealth.
Mathematica Policy Research
- Public policy research organization.
McGregor Consulting Group
- Carries out research and education on a variety of issues: consumer, family and home economics education and peace, citizenship and human rights.
- The Mercatus Center at George Mason University is an education, research and outreach organization. The aim of its work is to enable individuals to live free, prosperous, and peaceful lives.
- The Milken Institute is an independent economic think tank whose mission is to improve the lives and economic conditions of people in the U.S. and around the world.
The Milton S. Eisenhower Foundation
- Focuses on multiple solution ventures for the inner city, the truly disadvantaged, children, youth and families, including capacity building and policy advocacy. Provides research data and list of community partners.
Morrison Institute for Public Policy
- An Arizona State University resource for objective policy analysis and expertise. The Institute researches public policy issues, informs policy makers and residents, and advises leaders on choices and actions.
The Nation Institute
- A liberal-left independently funded and administered organization, committed to a just society and the principles of the First Amendment.
National Center for Policy Analysis
- A nonprofit public policy research institute.
The National Center for Public Policy Research
- A conservative policy institute covering Congress, insider political information, the environment, regulations, legal reform, retirement security, Social Security, race relations, campaign reform, and affirmative action.
National Institute for Labor Relations Research
- The Institute provides the supplementary analysis and research necessary to expose the inequities of compulsory unionism.
National Legal Foundation
- A non-profit Christian constitutional litigation firm and policy think tank committed to restoring America's Biblical foundations.
National Social Norms Resource Center
- The National Social Norms Resource Center promotes and provides assistance in applying the social norms approach to various health, safety and social justice issues, including alcohol and tobacco risk-reduction.
Nautilus Institute for Security and Sustainable Development
- A policy-oriented research and consulting organization. Promotes international cooperation for security and ecologically sustainable development. Programs embrace both global and regional issues, with a focus on the Asia-Pacific region.
Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government
- The institute is the public policy research arm of the State University of New York. It is actively involved in public policy research on the role of state and local governments in American federalism and the management and finances of states and localities in major areas of domestic public affairs.
Nevada Policy Research Institute
- Nevada-based non-partisan and non-profit public policy research and education organization.
New America Foundation
- Attempts to bring new voices and new ideas to the fore of America's public discourse and seeks to reshape the American public debate by investing in outstanding individuals and ideas that transcend the conventional political spectrum.
New Jersey Policy Perspective
- New Jersey Policy Perspective is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that conducts research on public policy issues in New Jersey.
New Policy Institute
- A progressive, independent think tank, focusing on government policy for services, from health and education to finance.
Ohio Roundtable and Ohio Freedom Forum
- A non-profit, non-partisan education and research organization dedicated to restoring traditional, Judeo-Christian principles to American public policy.
Oregon Center for Public Policy
- Nonpartisan research institute that advances policies and practices to improve the economic and social opportunities for low- and moderate-income Oregonians.
Pacific Research Institute
- San Francisco-based public policy think tank promoting individual freedom and personal responsibility.
- A public policy organization dedicated to creating a business, political and educational environment that increases the personal wealth of every citizen of South Carolina as measured by per capita income.
- A Boston-based public policy research institute advocating individual freedom and responsibility, limited and accountable government, and expanded application of free-market principles.
Political Research Associates
- Monitors and analyzes the organizations, leaders, ideas, and activities of the US political right.
The Priorities Institute
- Explores regional land use planning, sustainable, carfree city design, 21st century constitutions, holistic indexing
Progressive Policy Institute
- A public policy center shaping the "Third Way" governing agenda.
Public Interest Institute
- A non-profit, non-partisan, public policy research organization located on the campus of Iowa Wesleyan College in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa. The Institute promotes the importance of a free-enterprise economic system and limited government in society based upon individual freedom and liberty.
Public Policy Forum
- A nonpartisan public policy research organization and good government watchdog.
Public Policy Institute of California
- A private, non profit organization dedicated to independent, nonpartisan research on California's economic, social, and political issues.
- An action-based research, public policy and program development organization. Published reports on youth, labor market, community and faith-based initiatives, as well as program replication.
Quixote Center for faith-based social justice
- A faith-based, social justice center working with people who have few resources for their struggles.
- Rand Corporation conducts independent research on important issues such as science and technology, methodology, national security, public policy, justice, health, education, drug policy, and demographics.
- A national public policy think tank based in Los Angeles.
Research Forum on Cuba
- The Research Forum on Cuba is designed to improve the level of understanding and quality of policy discussion on the immediate issues and longer-term trends and challenges facing Cuba.
Samuel Neaman Institute
- The Samuel Neaman Institute for Advanced Studies in Science and Technology is an independent public-policy research institute, established in 1978 to assist in the search for solutions to national problems in science and technology, education, economy and industry, and social development.
South Carolina Policy Council Education Foundation
- A nonpartisan, tax-exempt public policy research and education foundation. Its mission is to educate members and all South Carolinians about state and local public policy based on the traditional South Carolina values of individual liberty and responsibility, free enterprise and limited government.
- A Utah-based public policy research organization supporting limited government, private property rights, and personal responsibility.
- A Dallas-based non-profit organization with interests in education and criminal justice. Projects of the Today Foundation include the Children's Education Fund and Associated Texans Against Crime.
- Internationally-focused organization that works on global problems such as militarism and conflict, poverty and marginalisation, social injustice and environmental degradation.
The Urban Institute
- Investigation and nonpartisan analysis of U.S. social and economic problems and issues, including the New Federalism, welfare and welfare-to-work, Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, disabilities, crime, the nonprofit sector, education, tax policy, labor, housing, and community development issues.
Virginia Institute for Public Policy
- An independent, nonpartisan, education and research organization committed to the goals of individual opportunity and economic growth.
The Weidenbaum Center
- Facility located at Washington University in St. Louis supports scholarly research, public affairs programs, and other activities in the fields of economics, government, and public policy.
- The mission of the institute is to design and develop frameworks, processes, and tools that help individuals and groups build productive interfaces between diverse cultures and to strengthen the cultural formation, quality of life, and social health within the community.
Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
- A presidential memorial that fosters scholarship and dialogue in the humanities and the social sciences. The Center pursues work on three interregional, interdisciplinary themes: ethnicity, comparative urban studies, and governance.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, April 11, 2009 5:18:01 PM EDT -