become an editor
the entire directory
only in Policy_Institutes/C
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Policy Institutes: C
C.D. Howe Institute
- Canadian economic and social policy think tank.
The Calvert Institute for Policy Research
- A non-partisan, educational institution dedicated to the research and propagation of solutions to Maryland state and local public-policy concerns based upon the principles of free markets and personal responsibility.
Canada West Foundation
- Aims at bringing Western perspectives to Canadian policy debates.
Canadian Foundation for the Americas (FOCAL)
- FOCAL is an independent, non-governmental organization dedicated to deepening and strengthening Canada's relations with countries in Latin America and the Caribbean through policy discussion and analysis.
Carey Center for Democratic Capitalism
- Works to educate students, citizens, and leaders in the fundamentals upon which the American republic was constructed - democracy and capitalism.
Carnegie Council on Ethics and International Affairs
- A nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to research and education at the nexus of ethics and international affairs. Provides speech transcripts, articles, reviews and other materials on a variety of subjects.
The Carter Center
- A nonprofit public policy center founded by Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter to fight disease, hunger, poverty, conflict, and oppression around the world.
Cascade Policy Institute
- Oregon based free market think tank.
- Promoting public policy based on individual liberty, limited government, free markets, and peaceful international relations. Thousands of studies and articles available online as well as streaming audio and video of institute events. Site updated daily.
Center for Economic and Policy Research
- Nonprofit, nonpartisan research center that seeks to promote democratic debate on important economic and social issues.
Center for National Policy
- Non-profit, non-partisan public policy organization located in Washington, DC. Contributes to policy debates on issues of U.S. national interest including economic analysis, equal opportunity, community studies and foreign policy.
Center for Public Justice
- A Christian independent civic education and public policy research organization
The Center for Public Leadership
- The Center for Public Leadership (John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University) seeks to improve the practice of leadership and citizenship, through research, education and outreach. The Center aims to strengthen the positive effect of those engaged in improving the quality of public life.
Center for Public Policy Priorities
- A non-partisan research organization committed to improving public policies and private practices that influence the economic and social prospects and conditions of individuals, families, and communities.
Center for Retirement Research
- Organization established in 1998 dedicated to the research and dissemination of retirement policy issues as well as to widening access to related data sources.
The Center for Strategic & International Studies
- A public policy research institution dedicated to analysis and policy impact. CSIS is the only institution of its kind that maintains resident experts on all the world's major geographical regions. It also covers key functional areas, such as international finance, U.S. domestic and economic policy, and U.S. foreign policy and national security issues.
The Center for the Advancement of Capitalism
- Public policy institute dedicated to advancing individual rights and economic freedom throughout America. The Center's philosophical defense of business and profit-making, and opportunities for activism.
Center for the Study of Islam & Democracy (CSID)
- A non-profit think tank dedicated to studying the relationship between Islam and democracy.
Center of the American Experiment
- A conservative think tank in Minnesota, focusing in improving education, strengthening free market economy and reducing poverty and crime.
Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- The Center is a research institute that conducts analyses on government policies and programs.
Centre for Community Study
- A Canadian public policy centre looking at urban and community issues.
The Centre for Independent Studies
- Australia-based policy institute which emphasizes the role of the free market in an open society and other voluntary processes in providing many of the goods and services normally supplied by the compulsory methods of government.
- A website for discerning radicals interested in developing practical policies for a human scale world from the writings of Leopold Kohr, E.F.Schumacher, John Seymour and John Papworth.
Citizens Research Council of Michigan
- A privately funded, not-for-profit public affairs research organization.
Civitas: the Institute for the Study of Civil Society
- A British educational charity and publisher specializing in health, education, welfare, economics and the renewal of civil society.
The Claremont Institute
- The mission of the Claremont Institute is to restore the principles of the American Founding to their rightful, preeminent authority in our national life.
The Club of Rome
- Non-profit, international think tank; information about research areas and methodology, activities, publication archive, organizational information, and related links.
Committee for Economic Development
- CED is an independent, non-profit, nonpartisan public policy organization comprised of business and academic leaders dedicated to researching important economic and social issues.
- The Commonweal Institute is a think tank and communications organization bringing positive progressive and moderate messages to the public, to build widespread support for the issues progressives and moderates care about.
The Commonwealth Foundation
- An independent, non-profit, non-partisan, free-market public policy organization based in Pennsylvania which promotes the principles of limited government, economic freedom, and individual responsibility.
Community Services Council - Newfoundland and Labrador
- A social development, research, planning and service organization, dedicated to citizen engagement and the promotion of volunteerism.
Competitive Enterprise Institute
- A non-profit public policy organization dedicated to the principles of free enterprise and limited government. Believes that consumers are best helped not by government regulation but by being allowed to make their own choices in a free marketplace.
Council for Emerging National Security Affairs
- Seeks to become the premier venue for virtual collaboration in addressing emerging national security affairs and policy renewal.
Council on Hemispheric Affairs
- Encourages the formulation of rational and constructive U.S. policies towards Latin America.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 20, 2013 at 9:20:49 UTC -