become an editor
the entire directory
only in Peace/Policy_Institutes
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Weapons: Nuclear: Disarmament Activism: Organizations
The Acronym Institute
- Independent, not-for-profit research and advocacy organization working on disarmament, arms control, and security issues. Glossary, reports, news, and analysis.
Arnold A. Saltzman Institute of War and Peace Studies
- Created to promote understanding of the "disastrous consequences of war upon man's spiritual, intellectual, and material progress." History, faculty, research projects, and mailing list.
Berlin Information Center for Transatlantic Security
- German based organization providing analysis and documentation on military security issues, especially in the fields of disarmament and arms control, non-proliferation, and NATO-Russian relations. Calendar, archives, projects, and publications.
Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Private nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing cooperation among nations and promoting active international engagement by the United States through research, publishing, and convening. Program descriptions, news and analysis, reference resources, publications, and events.
Center for Nonproliferation Studies
- Information and analysis to combat the spread of weapons of mass destruction. Learning resources, databases, news, articles, and other publications.
Center on International Cooperation at New York University
- Promotes policy research and international consultations on multilateral responses to transnational problems, focusing on sectors such as international justice, humanitarian assistance, development aid and peace-building.
Crisis Management Initiative
- An independent non-governmental actor to respond to new security challenges through policy proposals and advocacy to decision makers. With mission statement, activities, speeches and articles, press releases, and news archive.
Foreign Policy In Focus
- International network of policy analysts and advocates that seeks to make the U.S. a more responsible global leader and global partner. Provides information and analysis of policy issues and recommends reforms or alternatives. Reports, position papers, weekly ezine, and commentaries.
Fourth Freedom Forum
- Mission is to encourage discussion, development, and dissemination of ideas that will free humanity from the fear of war. Emphasis is on barring armed aggression and eliminating nuclear and other weapons of mass destruction. Includes news, articles, and resources.
Gold Mercury International
- An independent global think-tank organization and Peace Award founded in 1961 and committed to promoting peace, understanding and co-operation throughout the world.
Henry L. Stimson Center
- Independent, nonprofit, public policy institute devoted to enhancing international peace and security through a combination of rigorous analysis and outreach. Projects, publications, events, list of experts, and message board.
INCORE: International Conflict Research
- Joint project of the University of Ulster and the United Nations University. Aims to influence policymakers and practitioners involved in peace, conflict and reconciliation issues while enhancing the nature of international conflict research. Events, publications, and courses.
Institute for Multi-Track Diplomacy
- Mission is to promote a systems approach to peacebuilding and to facilitate the transformation of deep-rooted social conflict. Includes events, initiatives, publications, and training and employment opportunities.
Institute on Global Conflict and Cooperation
- Multi-campus research unit that serves the entire University of California system. Research fields include regional relations, international environmental policy, internal conflict, international migration, and proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. Faculty and staff, events, current research programs, and publications.
International Crisis Group
- Private, multinational organization committed to strengthening the capacity of the international community to anticipate, understand, and act to prevent and contain conflict. News, current projects, reports, and commentaries.
International Peace Institute
- Independent, international institution dedicated to promoting the prevention and settlement of armed conflicts between and within states through policy research and development. Mission and history, programs, publications, and events calendar.
Nuclear Age Peace Foundation
- Performs research and analysis on global peace and survival, supports the abolition of nuclear weapons, the responsible use of science and technology, and the creation of an International Criminal Court (ICC). News and event listings.
Professionals in Humanitarian Assistance and Protection
- A project of the Program on Humanitarian Policy and Conflict Research at Harvard University that gives U.N. policymakers access to information on human security and conflict prevention. Features related links and study reports.
- An independent non-governmental organisation that works with governments and civil society internationally to research, promote and implement new strategies to increase human security and prevent armed violence.
School for Conflict Analysis and Resolution
- Committed to the development of theory, research, and practice that interrupt cycles of violence. Comprises a community of scholars, graduate students, alumni, practitioners, and organizations in the field of peace making and conflict resolution. Activities, papers and reports, forum, newsletters, and publication order form.
South Asia Terrorism Portal
- Autonomous, non-governmental, non-profit society set up in 1997 to engage directly in the search for solutions to the widening sphere of conflict and violence in South Asia, with a special focus on terrorism.
Stockholm International Peace Research Institute
- Conducts research with the aim of contributing to an understanding of the conditions for peaceful solutions of international conflicts and for a stable peace. Details on research projects, publications list, and online databases.
Toda Institute for Global Peace and Policy Research
- Brings peace researchers, policymakers, and community activists into communication and collaboration on selected projects in conflict resolution. "These three epistemic communities are often divided by different perceptions and actions in conflict resolution. All three communities are needed, however, for understanding conflicts and possible remedies."
United Nations Institute for Disarmament Research (UNIDIR)
- Autonomous institution within the framework of the United Nations, established for the purpose of undertaking independent research on disarmament and related problems, particularly international security issues. Background, activities, and publications. [English, French]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 12, 2014 at 0:58:05 UTC -