become an editor
the entire directory
only in Peace/Peace_Studies
Science: Social Sciences
Canadian Institute for Conflict Resolution
- Provides training in facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution. Deals specifically with deep-rooted conflict experiences within communities in Canada and abroad. Course schedule, staff, FAQ, and registration form.
Center for International Conflict Resolution
- Founded by Columbia University's School of International and Public Affairs to contribute to the resolution of international deadly conflicts through research, teaching, and fieldwork. Opportunities for student involvement, program information, library resources, and staff profiles.
Center for Peacemaking and Conflict Studies at Fresno Pacific University
- Offers education in conflict management and peacemaking leading to the MA degree or graduate certificate. Also offers intervention and consulting services. Purpose and mission, course schedules, syllabi, and events.
Centre for Peace Studies, Faculty of Humanities, McMaster University
- Offers a Combined Honours B.A. in Peace Studies as well as a minor in Peace Studies. Programs and courses, faculty, lectures, and events. Located in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
Centre for the Resolution of Conflicts of Nyankunde-Bunia, Democratic Republic of Congo
- Multi-faith non-governmental forum composed of peace committees in the DRC with a common spirit of sharing in peace and conflict resolution matters. History and vision, values, and strategies.
Conflict Resolution Conferences Worldwide
- Upcoming events in peace studies, conflict resolution, and related fields.
CONTACT - Conflict Transformation Across Cultures
- Summer institute and graduate certificate for student and professional peacebuilders, leading to master's degree in conflict transformation. Features distance learning plus summer institute in Vermont.
Department of Peace Studies, University of Bradford
- Largest university peace studies center in the world. Offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral degrees. Course details, department history, staff profiles, publications, newsletter, and online video lectures.
The Five College Program in Peace and World Security Studies
- Multidisciplinary educational endeavour of the Five College Consortium of Amherst, Hampshire, Mount Holyoke, and Smith Colleges, and the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. News and events, publications, and information for students and faculty.
The Fund For Peace
- Mission is to prevent war and alleviate the conditions that cause war. Promotes education and research for practical solutions. History of Fund, position statements, news, resources, and details on research and advocacy programs.
Harry S. Truman Research Institute for the Advancement of Peace
- Dedicated to fostering peace and advancing cooperation in the Middle East and among the peoples of the world through research, conferences, seminars, fellowships, and the maintenance of close relations with similar institutes abroad. Part of Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Research projects, events and publications, and library and documentation center.
Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies
- New Delhi-based think tank aims to inform, analyze, and nurture debates on crucial strategic choices affecting South Asia. News, articles, site search, archives, and a debating page.
International Center for Cooperation and Conflict Resolution
- Based at Teachers College, Columbia University, offers courses and information about conflict resolution and mediation. Goal is to enhance individuals' interpersonal and problem-solving skills and develop reflective scholars/practitioners.
International Peace Research Institute
- Based in Oslo, Norway. Conducts research and education in Conditions of War and Peace; Foreign and Security Policies; Ethics, Norms and Identities; and Conflict Resolution and Peacebuilding. News, events, staff, and program information.
The Joan B. Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies at the University of Notre Dame
- Conducts educational, research, and outreach programs on international peace and sponsors major conferences, lectures, visiting fellows programs, and research projects. Program history and description, admission FAQ, course list, publications, and career resources.
The Lion and the Lamb Peace Arts Center of Bluffton College
- Promotes the study of peace, cross-cultural understanding, and nonviolent responses to conflict with an emphasis on these themes for children. Resources, bibliographies, events, and contact information.
Matsunaga Institute for Peace
- A department of the College of Social Sciences located on the University of Hawaii-Manoa campus in Honolulu. Designed to explore, develop and share knowledge of peace through teaching, research, publication, and public service. studies. Publications, activities, courses, and contact information.
Peace and Conflict Monitor
- The magazine based at the UN University for Peace. Covers news and features dealing with all aspects of peace and violent conflict issues worldwide.
- Program uses cooperative games and community service activities to empower elementary school students to be peacemakers. History of organization, program model, FAQ, and call for volunteers.
Peace Polls for Conflict Resolution
- Uses public opinion polls and surveys for conflict analysis, prevention and resolution, negotiations and peace making. Research papers, questionnaires and reports from Northern Ireland, the Balkans and Middle East.
Professors World Peace Academy
- Non-profit educational organization founded to support the academic community's role in the pursuit of world peace. Organizes conferences and publishes books and the International Journal on World Peace. News and announcements. Membership, subscription, and book order forms.
Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI)
- Institute conducting research on questions of conflict and cooperation with the aim of contributing to an understanding of the conditions for peaceful solutions of international conflicts and for a stable peace.
Transnational Foundation for Peace and Future Research
- Mission is peace. Tools are new ideas, listening, research, mitigation, education, and advocacy. Its Peace Training Network offers lectures and training in areas from advanced theories to practical skills. Forums, articles, news, and links.
The University for Peace
- Currently engages in teaching and research. Features mission statement, faculty, information for prospective students and a description of the research activities.
Wisconsin Institute for Peace and Conflict Studies
- Dedicated to encouraging and legitimizing teaching and research on the roots of violence, national and global security issues. Includes list of events and publications.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 19, 2015 at 8:35:07 UTC -