become an editor
the entire directory
only in Regional/United_States
Activism and Peace Work
Society: Activism: Regional: North America: United States
Another Mother for Peace
- Non-profit, non-partisan association dedicated to eliminating the use of war as a means of solving disputes among nations, people and ideologies. Includes activities and a newsletter.
Baptist Peace Fellowship of North America
- Uniting and enabling Christians to make peace with justice in a warring world. News, events, listserv, partner congregations, resources, and suggestions for action.
- Dedicated to moving the world beyond war. Suggests ways to get involved, provides reading and online resources, and profiles the organization and its staff.
Delaware Pacem in Terris
- Delmarva Peninsula-based group which seeks to help people understand through seminars, activities, and experiences that peace is not a dream, but a necessity. Site offers news, program information, and guest essays.
International Committee for the Peace Council
- Group of internationally respected religious persons from many faiths working together in practical ways for peace and for the common needs of the whole community of life. They build bridges by the example of non-violence, compassion, human rights, and universal responsibility, individual and collective.
Jeannette Rankin Peace Center
- Works to connect and empower people to build a socially just, non-violent, and sustainable community and world. Calendar of events, issue information, resources, and action alerts.
Lawrence Coalition for Peace and Justice
- Includes history of the organization, peace calendar, membership and contact information.
Military Families Speak Out
- Organization of people who are opposed to war in Iraq and who have relatives or loved ones in the military. Includes letters from members, news, photos, and transcripts of speeches.
National War Tax Resistance Coordinating Committee
- A coalition of groups from across the US formed to provide information and support to people involved in or considering some form of war-tax resistance.
No Nukes North
- Fairbanks-based Alaskan and circumpolar coalition against missile defense and the weaponization of space. Photo album, message archives, news, articles, events, and membership form.
Pax Christi USA
- Catholic organization that strives to create a world that reflects the Peace of Christ by exploring, articulating, and witnessing to the call of Christian nonviolence. Events calendar, membership information, and publications.
Peace Action National
- Practical, positive alternatives for peace. Local chapter and affiliate contacts, press releases, fact sheets, articles, congressional voting record, email alerts, and upcoming events.
The Peace Alliance
- Campaign for a U.S. Department of Peace. Includes proposed legislation, ways to get involved, resources and contact information for local chapters.
Peace Roots Alliance
- Seeks to create a peaceful, just, and sustainable world for future generations by emphasizing our common humanity, promoting non-violence, and working to remove the root causes of war. Group's history, program information, listserv, and photos.
Student Peace Action Network
- Tool for diverse student groups to obtain current information on the peace movement and a space for students to forge their own campaigns and visions. News, directory of local affiliates, event list, organizing guide, and activism resources.
United for Peace
- Brings together a broad range of organizations throughout the United States to coordinate work against a U.S. war on Iraq. Events calendar, action alerts, local and national contacts, and resources for organizing.
United States Institute of Peace
- Independent, nonpartisan federal institution created and funded by Congress to strengthen the nation's capacity to promote the peaceful resolution of international conflict. The Institute meets its congressional mandate through an array of programs, including grants, fellowships, conferences and workshops, library services, publications, and other educational activities.
Veterans for Peace
- A non-profit educational and humanitarian organization of vets dedicated to increasing public awareness of the costs of war, the end the arms race and war, justice for vets and war victims, and restraining government from getting involved in violent conflicts.
War Resisters League
- Committed not only to eliminating war, but the causes of war. Offers on-line magazine, calendar of events, resources, and opportunities for individual involvement.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 12, 2014 at 1:11:57 UTC -