become an editor
the entire directory
only in Issues/Older_Citizens
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Older Citizens
Health: Senior Health
Home: Family: Grandparents
Society: People: Generations and Age Groups: Seniors
This category in other languages:
Almanac of Policy Issues: Seniors Issues
- News, background information and links on the Older Americans Act and other federal programs affecting the nation's senior citizens, including Meals on Wheels.
- Pasadena non-profit organization focusing on important issues affecting older adults especially mobility and transportation within the community.
- Organizations whose mission is to improve the well being, rights, and autonomy of older persons through advocacy, education, and action.
Center on an Aging Society
- Non-partisian public policy institute that studies the consequences and opportunities of population aging for all aspects of society.
The Coalition of Wisconsin Aging Groups
- Non-profit grassroots advocacy organization concerned with issues affecting older persons and their families. List of member services and consumer advocacy information.
Health and Retirement Study (HRS)
- The Health and Retirement Study (HRS) is a source of longitudinal, cross-sectional data for researchers and policymakers who study aging. The HRS is based on a national sample of over 22,000 individuals who are interviewed every other year.
National Association of Area Agencies on Aging (N4A)
- Umbrella organization advocating to ensure that needed resources and support services are available to older Americans. Includes policy papers and press releases.
National Policy and Resource Center on Nutrition and Aging
- Promotes active healthy aging through good nutrition. Includes monthly reviews of related journals, public policy and legislation updates.
Texas Silver-Haired Legislature
- Non-profit group advocating on issues affecting older adults in the state. Includes details of resolutions, a directory, newsletters and a calendar of events.
U.S. Senate Special Committee on Aging
- Conducts a continuing study of matters pertaining to problems and opportunities of older people. Hearings, events, and links to related government agencies.
Washington State Senior Citizens' Lobby
- Forum for senior advocacy groups throughout the state. List of key issues, officers and member organizations.
Usenet soc.senior.issues -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 31, 2013 at 21:32:17 UTC -