become an editor
the entire directory
only in Language/Political_Correctness
Society: Issues: Disabilities: Etiquette
Society: Issues: Human Rights and Liberties: Free Speech
Society: People: Women: Feminism
This category in other languages:
Against the Theory of Sexist Language
- Linguistic argument refuting the assumptions behind feminist efforts to reform the English language.
On Freedom of Expression and Campus Speech Codes
- A policy statement from the American Association of University Professors.
- An essay on its nature, origin and impact.
Politically Correct Unix Programming
- List of names of programs and terms from Unix and how they would be made politically correct.
Principles of Newspeak
- The appendix to George Orwell's 1984, analyzing totalitarian abuses of language.
Relativistic Patterns in Totalitarian Thinking
- An inquiry into the language of Soviet ideology by Mikhail Epstein.
- A guide to forms of language preferred by "progressives."
Case Tests City's Speech Ordinance
- A Michigan housewife is sent to jail for using an ethnic epithet. (August 12, 2000)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 21, 2015 at 6:15:08 UTC -