become an editor
the entire directory
only in Labor/Minimum_Wage
Science: Social Sciences: Economics: Microeconomics
Society: Issues: Labor: Living Wage
The Guardian - Minimum Wage
- Collected news, analysis and comment on the minimum wage issue.
ILO - Resource Guide on Minimum Wages
- Provides publications, statistics, media coverage, photos, videos, online resources along with ILO documents, databases and links. From the International Labour Organization, Bureau of Library and Information Services
Oregon State - Minimum Wage History
- Four charts showing changes in the minimum wage, its value, and its relationship to the poverty level over the last several decades.
Swarthmore College - Policy Debate: Does an Increase in the Minimum Wage Result in a Higher Unemployment Rate?
- 2003 debate discussing the employment effects of the minimum wage, including annotated links to other arguments pro and con.
Wikipedia - Minimum Wage
- Crowd-sourced encyclopedia article about the history and effects of minimum wage laws worldwide.
Real Clear Politics - Ignoring Economics
- An article arguing that the minimum wage is partly responsible for unemployment among not only African-American youth but also violent young French Muslims as well. (November 15, 2005)
OCPP - Minimum Wage Employers Posting Strong Job Growth
- Report showing strong growth in the restaurant and farm industries that pay the state's high minimum wage, from the Oregon Center for Public Policy. (September 16, 2005)
Mackinac Center - Minimum Wage Causes Maximum Pain
- Essay concerning the origin of the minimum wage and its negative impact on women, minorities, and unskilled workers. (June 01, 1998)
CBPP - New Findings from Oregon Suggest Minimum Wage Increases Can Boost Wages for Welfare Recipients Moving to Work
- Report by the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. (May 29, 1998)
Mackinac Center - Minimum Wage and Fairness
- Study arguing against the minimum wage, by Michael LaFaive. (November 01, 1997)
CATO - The Minimum Wage: Washingtons Perennial Myth
- 1988 analysis by Matthew B. Kibbe, later head of FreedomWorks, of the economic, social, and political reasons not to raise the minimum wage. (May 23, 1988)
Minimum Wage Escalation
- Monograph by Thomas Sowell examines legislation that would automatically escalate the minimum wage based on earnings elsewhere in the economy. (August 03, 1977)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 21, 2015 at 6:15:08 UTC -