become an editor
the entire directory
only in Labor/Migrant_Workers
Society: Issues: Immigration: Brain Drain
Society: Issues: Labor: Job Migration
Coalition of Florida Farmworker Organizations
- Helps migrant and seasonal farmworkers in south Florida and the Glades with emergency assistance, immigration, substance abuse and mental health, literacy and employment. Partnerships with UMOS and MAFO, conference dates.
Commission for Farm Workers' Rights
- Based in Oxnard, California. Its main purpose is to help hard working immigrants and their families obtain justice and fair treatment.
The Human Rights of Migrant Workers
- Background information from the People's Movement for Human Rights Education.
International Labour Migration
- Resources from the International Labor Organization including a migrant workers database, standards of work, and goals for improving conditions.
Justica For Migrant Workers
- Activists based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada promoting the rights of seasonal Caribbean and Mexican migrant farm workers who annually participate in the federal government's Caribbean and Mexican Seasonal Agricultural Workers Program (known as SAW).
The Migrant Experience
- Examination of the experience of migrant workers in California (Mexicans and "Okies") during the first half of the twentieth century.
Migrant Workers in Israel: A contemporary form of slavery
- Report in PDF format on the condition of foreign workers in Israel. [PDF]
Migrant workers sue Wal-Mart
- Conditions of cleaners 'a step from slavery' lawyer alleges. Published in the Guardian.
- Resources for migrant workers from the Mission for Filipino Migrant Workers Society in Hong Kong.
- Information on migrant workers in Lebanon.
Overworked, underpaid and over here - Migrant workers in Britain
- Report from the Trades Union Congress in Britain on issues surrounding migrant workers including the impact on labour in Britain. Introduction is free though the full report is accessible only by purchase.
BBC NEWS | Business | Migrant workers 'face exploitation'
- A lack of legal protection for migrant workers who arrive in the UK is giving the green light to unscrupulous employers, the TUC says. (July 14, 2003)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 18, 2016 at 9:54:31 UTC -