become an editor
the entire directory
only in Labor/Living_Wage
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Labor: Living Wage
Society: Issues: Labor: Minimum Wage
Business Leaders and Investors for a Living Wage
- Report and FAQ about living wage from Responsible Wealth, a project of United for a Fair Economy.
Campus Living Wage Project
- A collection of interviews and information on campus "living wage" campaigns. Includes interviews with student activists and profiles of past campaigns.
Dane County Living Wage Campaign
- Campaign reports and articles about Dane County's cost of living and wages.
Harvard Living Wage Campaign
- Campaign to eradicate poverty wages at Harvard University. Includes a comprehensive report on poverty wages at Harvard, with a detailed discussion of the spread low-wage labor on campus, analysis and critique of reforms developed by Harvard, and testimonies of Harvard workers.
The Jus Semper Global Alliance
- Long term sustainable development through The Living Wages North and South Initiative (TLWNSI), a corporate social responsibility program for gradual wage equalization.
Living Wage Coalition of Sonoma County (California)
- The main purpose of the coalition is to address the problem of growing income inequality and poverty in its community.
- National network of student groups working to end sweatshops and other labor abuses.
Vermont Livable Wage Campaign
- FAQ, analysis of working incomes, organizing and actions, and Information about the economics and politics of raising the state's minimum wage.
NPR : Low-Wage America
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, more than 20 million workers earn less than $9 an hour - not enough to buy the basics in some areas. In a series of special reports, NPR's Noah Adams travels throughout the US to profile the low-income workforce, talking with people about their jobs, their families and their hopes for the future. (January 01, 2004)
'Living wage' Laws Gain Momentum Across US
- A new study shows higher incomes from 'living wage' outweigh the cost in job losses. From the Christian Science Monitor. (March 15, 2002)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 4, 2013 at 17:41:36 UTC -