the entire directory
only in Issues/Labor
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Labor
Health and Safety
Business: Human Resources
Society: Issues: Business: Corporate Accountability
Society: Law: Legal Information: Labor and Employment Law
This category in other languages:
6 Hour Day
- International movement for the six hour work day, three day weekend and six weeks paid vacation -- with no reduction in pay.
AP - The Big Story: Vanishing Jobs
- Interactive report about the loss of middle-class jobs in the wake of the Great Recession, the role technology is playing, and possible future scenarios. Your browser does not support the iframe HTML tag. Try viewing this in a modern browser like Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Internet Explorer 9 or later.
Exotic Dancers Alliance
- Advocacy group for female exotic dancers attempting to obtain adequate working conditions and civil rights within the sex industry.
Human Rights for Workers
- Explores the consequences of globalization for ordinary workers in both developed and developing countries, and analyzes initiatives seeking solutions.
International Collective in Support of Fishworkers (ICSF)
- An international Non Governmental Organisation working for the interests of small-scale artisanal fishworkers, the collective carries out developmental interventions with fisher-communities around the world.
Job Training and Vocational Education
- Background information and links on U.S. job training and vocational education policy from the Almanac of Policy Issues.
- Academic journal published by the Centre for Research on Work and Society at York University in Toronto.
Labor Rights Now
- Works to expose labor rights violations around the world and aggressively campaign on behalf of worker activists who have endured the most brutal forms of trade union repression: imprisonment, torture, abduction, and murder.
Lack of Security and the Unorganized Sector
- Examines the plight of unorganized workers in Asia who lack pensions or old age security.
National Alliance for Fair Employment
- Homepage for a network of over 40 regional and national groups in the U.S. and Canada fighting for better pay, benefits and working conditions for all workers in temp, part-time, day labor, contract, on-call and independent contractor jobs.
National Jobs for All Coalition
- Building a new movement for full employment at livable wages.
National Labor Committee
- Human rights advocacy group that focuses on the promotion and defense of worker rights. Educates and involves the public in actions aimed at ending labor abuses, improving living conditions for workers and their families and promoting the concept of a living wage.
Samson v. HUD - In Forma Pauperis
- Evidence in support of Alan Koseph Samson's contention that HUD wrongfully foreclosed on his home because of his efforts on behalf of workers at the Mariner's Cove Apartments 1983.
- An overview of the unemployment insurance program in the United States, including benefits paid and federal and state unemployment taxes.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, June 1, 2013 10:57:36 PM EDT -