become an editor
the entire directory
only in Intellectual_Property/Piracy
Computers: Hacking: Software Piracy
Society: Crime: Internet Crime
Association Européenne pour la Protection des Oeuvres et services Cryptés (AEPOC)
- The European Association for the Protection of Encrypted Works and Services, an organization of corporations in the digital television and telecommunications sector. The mission is studying the phenomenon of piracy in relation to encrypted works and services and research into all the legal, operational and technological methods for increasing the security and protection of conditional access systems.
BSA Anti-Piracy Site -- Software Piracy
- Nopiracy.com is a site by the BSA (an alliance between many software megacorps to attack people who copy software) that argues against "piracy" and encourages turning people in.
Microsoft - How Piracy Affects You
- Argues that piracy is wrong, claims it costs consumers money.
- Among information, news, issues on copyright, policies and initiatives, this side also provides the possibility to report piracy.
Software piracy - Protection of intellectual property
- Information on piracy as well as tips on how to protect yourself against it.
Software Piracy: What You Should Know
- Bentley Systems attacks software "piracy".
Wired News - Focus on Software Piracy Problem
- Article by Katie Dean discussing the implications and myths of software piracy. (April 09, 2003)
PC World - Did Microsoft Flirt With Piracy?
- Article by Kim Zetter documenting Microsoft's conviction of piracy charges in France for illegal use of another company's source code. (May 09, 2002)
The Register - Stealth Plan Puts Copy Protection Into Every Hard Drive
- Hastening a rapid demise for the free copying of digital media, the next generation of hard disks is likely to come with copyright protection countermeasures built in. (December 20, 2000)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 3, 2014 at 19:15:11 UTC -